Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Can someone PLEASE help me with motivation?!

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:50 PM
  • 9 Replies

OMG I just can't exercise. What is wrong with me? I will exercise one day then not again! Then get all down on myself and depressed. I hate it!!! I have ZERO motivation what so ever.

Then today I go to the beachbody website that I used LAST year when exercising every day.. In 2011 in October I was 180 ish, started going to the gym 3 days a week. then in march I stopped going because I didn't want my husband (who I left) to know where I was. In MAY 2012 I started beachbody at 158. I saw my beachbody stats today and was DEVISTATED at how FAT I have gotten since then!!

158 was my starting weight for beachbody. 146 was how low I got in june. 130 was my goal. TODAY I am 166!! GROSS... And to make it even more depressing, my rear was 38, now its 44!!!! EWWWW!!

Please help. I am a mess

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ladykikiju
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:56 PM

I am just starting to workout myself. I just started three days ago. I use to be very active before my daughter, then completely stop after only because i am stay at home mom. I gained 70 pounds that i am now trying to lose. What I did to get started was look and research different ways to excercise. I made a plan on how many times i want to workout in a week. for those days i dont want to do it. i tell myself. one thing at a time. if i can get the first bit down no problem lets do the second and not think so much on the big list of my workout. i just keep telling myself if i want that smoking hot body i got to work for it. One day at a time. not so much time i have to do it.

imacafemomer
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:03 PM

you are right, I definitely need a plan. That is the only way I get ANYTHING done. I will go do my beachbody workout now... then make a plan (if I do it in the other order, I won't work out today)

Quoting ladykikiju:

I am just starting to workout myself. I just started three days ago. I use to be very active before my daughter, then completely stop after only because i am stay at home mom. I gained 70 pounds that i am now trying to lose. What I did to get started was look and research different ways to excercise. I made a plan on how many times i want to workout in a week. for those days i dont want to do it. i tell myself. one thing at a time. if i can get the first bit down no problem lets do the second and not think so much on the big list of my workout. i just keep telling myself if i want that smoking hot body i got to work for it. One day at a time. not so much time i have to do it.

Silvertears1275
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:03 PM
1 mom liked this

You first have to stop being so mean to yourself.  How can you expect to want to take care of a body you hate? 

What has motivated you in the past?  Think back to last May when you were doing so well and remember how good you felt, try to remember the things that pushed you then. 

imacafemomer
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:05 PM

I was working out with my smokin hot boyfriend. He makes me feel good about myself. But I moved to another apartment which is further away from him so I don't have the time to go to his house to workout. Now I have to do it myself.

And I don't hate my body so much as I hate myself for letting my body get this way. It is stupid. I know. I hate it even more because I am not a good example to my 8 year old if I am talking negatively about myself.

Quoting Silvertears1275:

You first have to stop being so mean to yourself.  How can you expect to want to take care of a body you hate? 

What has motivated you in the past?  Think back to last May when you were doing so well and remember how good you felt, try to remember the things that pushed you then. 

rockinmomto2
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Honestly? This:

is my motivation. He's freaking HOT and has the most amazing body I've ever seen. I know I'm a girl and he's a dude, but it's inspiring to see someone in such fantastic shape. So when I work out, I focus on my end result rather than what I'm actually doing (and I hate working out).

Lesgerm
by Leslie on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I want to do what this quote says AND I want to look like that :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wahmx3
by Shelley on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:49 PM

No one can motivate you except you...but what is holding you back from exercising and eating better. It is the eating that is most important, especially in the beginning. Exercise will help you lose fat and tone up your muscles but your eating has to improve first. Start by taking a look in your fridge and cupboards....how many fuits and veggies do you have (not canned)? What about whole gains? No soda? Lean proteins? Try making some time with your boyfriend to workout, even if only on the weekends....workouts don't have to be long, 30 minutes can make a huge difference if you make the most of your time.

KathreneW
by on May. 7, 2013 at 6:56 PM

I am just sick & tired of feeling bad about myself. I am sick & tired of being mean to myself. That is my motivation. Feel free to add me as a friend. I would love to help keep you motivated!

-Kathrene

mamaof3forlife
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 7:49 PM
What helps me to workout is seeing/reading weightloss sucess stories. I just found weightloss tumbler 2 days ago and just seeing how regular people literally transformed their bodies with diet n exercise really motivates me to eat better n exercise. U should check it out :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)