Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

p90x or insanity buddy

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:24 PM
  • 11 Replies

I really want to start one of these programs but with three kids and work I know I am going to need a buddy.. is anyone interested in starting with me??

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SuN-K1ss3d
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:25 AM
I just started insanity a week ago. Today was the start of week two! I will be your partner if you want!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JenniferLDenney
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 5:17 AM

awesome.. I originally wanted to start out with insanity however after having a baby in january i thought maybe i should start this way.  How is it?  did you take before and after photos or measurements?

kristy319
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this
I should get my insanity package tomorrow.. kinda nervous because I'm going to have to find time to sneak it in everyday..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CoachDrea
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:45 AM

I am halfway through Brazil Butt Lift and did my before pictures (mainly because i really want that shirt.) And i recommend it. Since you see your body everyday you might not notice the changes while if you have a photo to compare it to you may see it much more clearly. I am going to start my P90x on May 1st. 

lovebugs_mom906
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:34 AM
I have both, but haven't started either yet. I will start with you. I have heard the P90X is "easier", only because things can be modified. I up for either one!
SuN-K1ss3d
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:36 AM
I think if you can get through week one you will be good to go! Week one is hard because you are sore.. The start of week two you are a good normal sore! I already have more energy and feel much stronger. It's definitely getting me in shape and I love it!! I did take before pics and will plan in doing pics during and after! I already feel a big difference in my body. I haven't taken measurements but good idea :-)

Quoting JenniferLDenney:

awesome.. I originally wanted to start out with insanity however after having a baby in january i thought maybe i should start this way.  How is it?  did you take before and after photos or measurements?

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Insanity is hard at first, but it's meant to challenge you.  They actually have a Sanity Check dvd, which you can do before you start Insanity.  It's mean to teach you all the moves and techniques and how to do them effectively and condition you to start Insanity. 

In addition, you can become a free Club Beachbody member.  It's great because it gives you a whole forum and a really active on-line community, tips, recipes and even the ability to find others working out in your area.

Club Beachbody and stuff

JenniferLDenney
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:02 PM
Well today was my day 1 and I'm pooped!
wan2b
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:17 PM

to "lovebugs_mom906" - I am curious if you started either p90x or Insanity? Have you done either program before? 

I am wanting to start p90x; however, I was thinking about starting it sometime in May.  (I was going to try to begin exercising a bit prior to beginning the program)

mandaboo99
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:28 PM

take your measurements and your beasurements so you can enter the beachbody challenge :)

Quoting JenniferLDenney:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)