Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

4 MONTH Plateau!!!!!--UPDATE!

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:56 AM
  • 45 Replies
Update:
Thank you so much ladies for all of this input/advice/information! I'm about 99.9% certain that it's my diet. I've realized I don't eat as well as I think I do and I'm about 99.9% certain that I'm not eating enough.

Tomorrow, I need to sit down and do a total overhaul and meal plan, etc.....AFTER a piece of my moms birthday cake tonight :) I have to get over this rut!

This has become absurd!

You ladies know how active I am! This shouldn't be happening.

This plateau has been happening entirely too long.

I just don't know what to do anymore.

I've been toying between 148-151. I saw 147 once the other morning but that was it.

I don't know what to do anymore ladies. My goal is 120. I'd like to be down to AT LEAST 130 by the time medic starts in late August.

*whine* help.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SarahDickson
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Have you looked for ways to restart your metabolism? I don't know much about this area but I know everyone goes through it eventually . I have heard that going a few days with a much lower caloire goal works but IDK

BeAmour
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:02 AM
I have no idea how to jump start my metabolism!

I don't want to starve my body of it's fuel when I workout like I do. I already feel crappy enough. Lol

Quoting SarahDickson:

Have you looked for ways to restart your metabolism? I don't know much about this area but I know everyone goes through it eventually . I have heard that going a few days with a much lower caloire goal works but IDK

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Have you switched up your excerise routine to make sure your body isn't too use to it? 

haileys_mommy06
by Jenn on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:02 AM

I've been going through the same exact thing, same weight as you too!

BeAmour
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:03 AM
That's never an issue. I work with a trainer and honestly, I cannot remember ever doing the same workout twice. He always switches things up, daily.

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

Have you switched up your excerise routine to make sure your body isn't too use to it? 

BeAmour
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Wtf is it?!?!?! I mean, hell, at this point....5 pounds would be fabulous. In fact, I'd die of excitement.

This is what makes me quit working out because I keep getting discouraged! I have to workout though so there's no quitting but I'm -- close to saying, eff it!

Quoting haileys_mommy06:

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:07 AM

Everyone goes through the plateau.  You'll overcome it.

Have you spoken to your trainer about it?  You should work with him to challenge your body more - either switching up the focus of the workouts or increasing the intensity or adding something new you haven't done before.  Are you doing weight training?

Also take a look at what you're eating.  Make sure that you are eating enough because not eating enough will work against you.  Also think about maybe adding green tea to your diet, which helps your metabolism. 

BeAmour
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:11 AM
Lol none of that is an issue which is soooooooooo frustrating!!!! He challenges me daily, almost killed me, literally....well kinda....a few weeks ago. He pushes me to my limit daily. I go balls-to-the-wall during cardio but have to be careful because, for whatever reason, my heart rate can climb up to 200 during cardio that normal people do. At 154 I feel like I'm going at snails pace.

I don't like drinking green tea but how about supplements? Are those okay?

I've always had trouble losing weight. I think I was cursed with a ridiculously low metabolism!

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Everyone goes through the plateau.  You'll overcome it.

Have you spoken to your trainer about it?  You should work with him to challenge your body more - either switching up the focus of the workouts or increasing the intensity or adding something new you haven't done before.  Are you doing weight training?

Also take a look at what you're eating.  Make sure that you are eating enough because not eating enough will work against you.  Also think about maybe adding green tea to your diet, which helps your metabolism. 

haileys_mommy06
by Jenn on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:11 AM

I don't know what it is. And I agree, this kind of stuff is so discouraging! I too, want to just throw in the towel. It sucks!!

I was down to 140 around Christmas time. But then we went to visit with family out of town for about a week and a half. I knew I would gain weight, but crap...I didn't realize I'd never get it back off!! I went back up to 148.5 when we got back home and have been up and down about 2lbs since January =/

I was really hoping to be ANYWHERE in the 130's by now. Even 139.5!! But nope =(

Quoting BeAmour:

Wtf is it?!?!?! I mean, hell, at this point....5 pounds would be fabulous. In fact, I'd die of excitement.

This is what makes me quit working out because I keep getting discouraged! I have to workout though so there's no quitting but I'm -- close to saying, eff it!

Quoting haileys_mommy06:

BeAmour
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:14 AM
I lost 20lbs from November to December and kept it off. I'm still at that 20lb mark. I'm like...yo! What happened?

I seriously do not know what I did differently. I was actually a lot less active during those months because I was doing a ton of clinicals in my EMS academy. It makes zero sense.

I HATE my metabolism...HATE it!

Quoting haileys_mommy06:

I don't know what it is. And I agree, this kind of stuff is so discouraging! I too, want to just throw in the towel. It sucks!!

I was down to 140 around Christmas time. But then we went to visit with family out of town for about a week and a half. I knew I would gain weight, but crap...I didn't realize I'd never get it back off!! I went back up to 148.5 when we got back home and have been up and down about 2lbs since January =/

I was really hoping to be ANYWHERE in the 130's by now. Even 139.5!! But nope =(

Quoting BeAmour:

Quoting haileys_mommy06:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN