Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

MyFitnessPal questions

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:48 PM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

I signed up today, but I'm a little confused. I am diabetic and breastfeeding. I have to count my carbs, and I would like to lose 30 lbs. How do I account for the extra calories needed for breastfeeding on the site? Is it even possible? Thanks! 

by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
I_need_a_name
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:12 PM
Have no idea lol. Ive been using mfp for a while though and the 'calories' burned on there are not accurate. I just bought a heart rate monitor and saw the difference. Heres a bump. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoeysApple
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I've also wondered if there's a calorie counter that takes breastfeeding into account.

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:59 PM

You can change your calorie intake to whatever you want... On my iPad there is a more button on the left side... Click that... Go to edit profile... There you should be able to see net calorie goal under preferences. Change it and save it. Idk if it is the same on other devices.

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:04 AM

You can calculate your BMR or have one of the ladies here do it for you... And include breastfeeding into the calculations.

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/breastfeeding_calorie_calculator.htm

Quoting JoeysApple:

I've also wondered if there's a calorie counter that takes breastfeeding into account.

JoeysApple
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you for that!

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

You can calculate your BMR or have one of the ladies here do it for you... And include breastfeeding into the calculations.

Quoting JoeysApple:

mamacornias
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:05 AM

It has a way to track it but it just a ruff estimate.

wahmx3
by Shelley on Apr. 8, 2013 at 3:09 PM

This is what I have done  too although not for breastfeeding reasons. I have my BMY calculated and changed my calorie goal manually to a number inbetween my bmr range. I don't track my exercise on there, although I add it to the notes section of the food log so I can always go back and have a look if I am gaining or losing to see if what I am doing is working or needs some changes.

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

Quoting JoeysApple:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN