Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Starting my journey to lose 100+lbs tomorrow.

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:54 PM
  • 26 Replies
1 mom liked this
I'm overwhelmed thinking about how much I need/want to lose.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Silvertears1275
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:57 PM

You can do it!  Make small goals.... aim for your first 10 lbs.  It's less overwhelming and you get the satisfaction of reaching a goal quicker.  Good luck!

Batmansmamma
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:59 PM
My scale is broken so Im going to get another one tomorrow.

Quoting Silvertears1275:

You can do it!  Make small goals.... aim for your first 10 lbs.  It's less overwhelming and you get the satisfaction of reaching a goal quicker.  Good luck!

JoeysApple
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:17 PM

I hear ya! I need to lose 95-100 lbs.

randomosityblog
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Silvertears nailed it... small goals! :)

Batmansmamma
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:20 PM
Thanks girls
smileydawn
by Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:25 PM
My ultimate goal is 100 too!! But, I do agree with these ladies. Setting small goals definitely helps!! I've already lost 15. And that accomplishment feels great. You can do it!!!! Good luck!
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:39 AM
1 mom liked this
You can do it! I've been there- I've lost over 100 lbs, and it's overwhelming to think about what lies ahead. Focus on your successes, not on what lies head. Celebrate making smart choices, drinking water, getting in a workout, etc.
ladykikiju
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:43 AM

im on a goal to lose 70. I think you can do it.

cherylmoore
by Cheryl on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:47 AM
My "dream" goal would be 86 pounds but I just focus on 5 pounds at a time. So far I'm down 21 pounds so technically 65 to go but if you focus on that huge number you will drive yourself crazy. Will i ever get to that number? Who knows. But i DO know i can do 5 more which is better than where i started. You CAN do this
copper
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:47 AM

I can understand that!  I have about 140 pounds to lose and start and restart all the time.  It's hard doing it on your own!  I don't have any girlfriends to do it with .  My sister lives 45 minutes away and is always really busy.  My mom has always talked to me about my weight and about wondering if I'm gonna try and lose it so there's that too! PM me if you'd like to be weight loss buddies and maybe we could check in on each other with mini weigh-in and or/ encouragement every week!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)