Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Anyone Losing weight/getting healthy for....

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:29 PM
  • 23 Replies

trying to conceive purposes also?? I've been TTC for over a year. No, I have not been to a doc yet. I've been pregnant twice back in 2009, sadly losing both of my babies and since my last loss I put on about 60 pounds.... =( We decided to start trying for #1 again last year...and nothing. I believe my weight is playing a huge factor!

I'm wondering/kind of hoping there may be other ladies who are doing this journey not just for themselves but to help with fertility and be a healthier woman for pregnancy and their future child...Anyone?!

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ELFs_Mommy
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I was, and not making any progress. Finally went to the dr for the weight & fertility issues and was diagnosed with PCOS. But before we could start any treatment options for either the weightless or the fertility, we got a HUGE surprise... I was already 13 weeks pregnant :). So weightless is on hold until after baby arrives :).
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MiKaLa881
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:37 PM
Good luck Amanda! You know I'm living proof that weight loss works! You can do this and I just know you'll get that rainbow baby because of it!
MiKaLa881
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Good luck Amanda! You know I'm living proof that weight loss works! You can do this and I just know you'll get that rainbow baby because of it!
ttc1rainbow
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:39 PM

GGIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRLLL!!! How are YOU?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!? lol :D Gah, message me on FB sometime, I want to catch up and know how you are!  

Quoting MiKaLa881:

ttc1rainbow
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Omg, congratulations!

Quoting ELFs_Mommy:

I was, and not making any progress. Finally went to the dr for the weight & fertility issues and was diagnosed with PCOS. But before we could start any treatment options for either the weightless or the fertility, we got a HUGE surprise... I was already 13 weeks pregnant :). So weightless is on hold until after baby arrives :).

aprilsalcro
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this
no. however when I was way over weight I wasn't using any method to prevent pregnancy ,but after I lost 30 pounds boom I got pregnant
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
redbutterfly666
by Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this

thats another reason im trying to lose weight yeah :) but im trying to lose weight for my wedding also...and so i can run around with ds without getting winded

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Yes there is hope... I have a medical condition that makes it hard to concieve but I was on medication (for two years) and not trying to prevent it... Still nothing. I lost 20lbs and bam got preggos when my husband got back from deployment. I think it all came together for my body when I was living a healthy lifestyle.

ttc1rainbow
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Thank you for sharing :)

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

Yes there is hope... I have a medical condition that makes it hard to concieve but I was on medication (for two years) and not trying to prevent it... Still nothing. I lost 20lbs and bam got preggos when my husband got back from deployment. I think it all came together for my body when I was living a healthy lifestyle.

I_need_a_name
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep. ME. Lol. I have pcos so I gain weight like crazy!! Ive been ttc #1 for almost 6 yrs now. So im on a mission to lose at the least 60 lbs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN