Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Color Run Pics!!

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:17 PM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this

Well, we got there at 8:15 this morning for a 9 am start. The joke was on us, as we didn't even cross the start line until 9:40! There were about 30K people registered for the race and it was CRAZY packed. 

Naturally, the only race I've ever run that was NOT timed, I PR. Really??? I ran it in 25 minutes, which is an 8 minute mile. Not too bad since I had to walk a few times in order to get past the walkers. I have no issue with walkers, however... not following race protocol is a pain in the rump! They would spread out 5-8 across the route so nobody could pass them. That was my only beef with the race. 

I'm in the back...the little girl is my friend's dd that ran with us. 

After with a pal..

Closer pic... although, this is before she and I had a color war. LOL... I nailed her with purple across her face and she nailed me with green... I am still sporting green all over my face 7 hours later and my arms are still bright blue. 

All in all, it was a lot of fun. We already decided we are doing it next year and my girls are going to do it with us. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
haileys_mommy06
by Jenn on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Looks like you had a great time!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_Natural
by Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 6:16 PM
So fun!!! I did one last month for the first time and it was a blast. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lesgerm
by Leslie on Apr. 6, 2013 at 6:21 PM
Great pics :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 6, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Awesome job Claire!  

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Apr. 6, 2013 at 7:14 PM

How fun!!  Great job on your new PR!  That's an awesome time!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

mcginnisc
by Claire on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:55 AM

Quoting musicpisces:

Thanks! It was shocking when I looked at my watch. It would drive you NUTS as a serious runner. Seriously, having to dodge strollers and walkers because they are not following race protocol to get out of runners' way..they even announced it at the start of each wave to make way for runners and to get to one side..nope...didn't happen. I almost got killed by numerous strollers trying to get around them. I can't believe people brought infants.. I would not want my infants breathing that stuff in! It is food grade cornstarch that is colored, but dang... I'm still blowing out green and blue stuff.. It is just flying all over the air when you go through the color stations. I can't even describe it, but there were a million babies there... YOUNG babies. 

It was fun. Lilly is still mad at me for doing the race without her, but she was originally going to still be in FL and by the time they decided to change the date of their return, the registration fee had gone up and then it closed right after. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

twnkedee
by Tia on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:06 AM

Great pictures Claire, sounds like a fun time!! (except the almost getting killed by strollers) Thanks for sharing!

randomosityblog
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:47 AM

I was going to say HOW did you stay so clean? LOL We were covered in color... it was in our ears for a week! 

I think with the color run type events, it's not so much a race because most of the people in attendance have no idea what they are doing so they don't even know what race protocol is lol.

randomosityblog
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting musicpisces:

Thanks! It was shocking when I looked at my watch. It would drive you NUTS as a serious runner. Seriously, having to dodge strollers and walkers because they are not following race protocol to get out of runners' way..they even announced it at the start of each wave to make way for runners and to get to one side..nope...didn't happen. I almost got killed by numerous strollers trying to get around them. I can't believe people brought infants.. I would not want my infants breathing that stuff in! It is food grade cornstarch that is colored, but dang... I'm still blowing out green and blue stuff.. It is just flying all over the air when you go through the color stations. I can't even describe it, but there were a million babies there... YOUNG babies. 

It was fun. Lilly is still mad at me for doing the race without her, but she was originally going to still be in FL and by the time they decided to change the date of their return, the registration fee had gone up and then it closed right after. 

I can't believe people would bring infants! That's CRAZY. I'm already making major preparations to make sure the girls faces are covered 100% and they're 11 and 8.

Silvertears1275
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:17 AM

We ended up with more color AFTER the race as well.  You really have to work at getting a lot of color during the race since there are just so many people.  I'm so excited to take my girls to Color Me Rad in June =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN