Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Unique Fruit?

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:26 PM
  • 8 Replies

Poll

Question: Have you tried all of these fruit before? & reply what other unique fruit you've tried/eat.

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 6

View Results

Curious if anyone has tried all of these fruit in the image below before.  And do pls share of any other unique fruit you've tried/eat.  Also if you've tried some of these unique ones what did you like/dislike?  I had to confirm with my mom if I've had mangosteen & star fruit before from our homeland.  She claims I have, but I don't remember.   Longan is probably my favorite on there, but hardly ever have it. 

"It's not about counting the days, rather making the days count

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
EiuGirl316
by Leah on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow, I've had so few of these-papaya, kiwi, avocado, and pomegranate. I need to try some of the others though.

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Tasted coconut water and hated it. I eat kiwis because they are suppose to help with insomnia... I do eat avocado. The rest I haven't.

JoeysApple
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:19 AM
1 mom liked this

I have not tried sour sop, mangosteen, or longan berry. I would be interested in trying them though! I really enjoy coconut water and orange juice mixed half and half.

Pna1Dra6on
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:35 AM

Oh woah I didn't know kiwis help with insomnia.  I probably should go get some too.  Had picked up packaged coconut water.  It wasn't really good to me.  I personally am not fond of coconut in dishes or snacks.  But I do like young coconut juice with bits of coconut meat in it straight outta the coconut itself. 

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

Tasted coconut water and hated it. I eat kiwis because they are suppose to help with insomnia... I do eat avocado. The rest I haven't.

I'm going to try the half n half.  Luckily I have both right now.  :)

Quoting JoeysApple:

I have not tried sour sop, mangosteen, or longan berry. I would be interested in trying them though! I really enjoy coconut water and orange juice mixed half and half.

taniamorse85
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I've had avocado, coconut water, papaya, pomegranate, and kiwi.  I like papaya, love kiwi, pomegranate, and avocado, and absolutely hate coconut water.  I tried coconut water as a kid and could not stand it.  I tried it again recently, and yep, still hate it.

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:45 AM

My sister was reading this in a magazine and forwarded it:

Quoting Pna1Dra6on:

Oh woah I didn't know kiwis help with insomnia.  I probably should go get some too.  Had picked up packaged coconut water.  It wasn't really good to me.  I personally am not fond of coconut in dishes or snacks.  But I do like young coconut juice with bits of coconut meat in it straight outta the coconut itself. 

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

I'm going to try the half n half.  Luckily I have both right now.  :)

Quoting JoeysApple:

Pna1Dra6on
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:57 AM
1 mom liked this

lol to the walking stiffly as an extra on the walking dead.  Been there done that before, as bootcamp days flood my memory, hah.  But oh man I can't imagine taking down ginger raw like that.  Got almonds & beans covered, but gotta pick up some pumpkin seeds now. Thanks for the info! 

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

My sister was reading this in a magazine and forwarded it:

:

ALWsMomma
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this
I have tried all but three of them. I didn't realize kiwi and avacodo are unusual, I eat both on a regular basis
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)