Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

abs?

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 3:29 AM
  • 10 Replies
I am trying too get abs! What are some great exercises that work your core the most? Is anyone also trying to get abs?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 3:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HaileysMom07180
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 3:41 AM

I've been doing sit ups and i'm slowly developing them i think,  i still have to flatten my belly more but i have a spot right under my boobs that looks like abs are starting to form.

armywifey1019
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 3:45 AM
Cute! I dont want like chizzled abs but at least the outline like i use to have before i got married lol keep me update on ur progress(: btw do crunches they wil speed up ur progress

Quoting HaileysMom07180:

I've been doing sit ups and i'm slowly developing them i think,  i still have to flatten my belly more but i have a spot right under my boobs that looks like abs are starting to form.

mcginnisc
by Claire on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:45 AM
3 moms liked this

Abs are made in the kitchen. In order to get abs, you have to eat very cleanly ( no processed foods at all...ever). Then, you have to couple that with cardio, strength training, and core/flexibility work. They all work together, but the most important part is diet. Crunches are not going to do anything for you by themselves- they may help to tone the muscle structure of the obliques and the rectus abdominus, but subcutaneous fat will still be there..you'll just have muscle tone under fat. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

itsm3
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this

totally what clare said. 

abs are tough; i've been working on my core hard for a few months now and it's a lot of work.... the diet part is especially tough for many but i've already trained myself to not eat sweets/junk/processed foods for over a year.  i do 180-degree core work every other day and it's no joke! 

you can't crunch your way to a flat stomach (believe me, i've tried) - you MUST eat clean and do cardio PLUS strength training AND core work in order to burn max cals and see results.

armywifey1019
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Lol my stomach has no meat on it so i was told it would be easy on me lol

Quoting itsm3:

totally what clare said. 

abs are tough; i've been working on my core hard for a few months now and it's a lot of work.... the diet part is especially tough for many but i've already trained myself to not eat sweets/junk/processed foods for over a year.  i do 180-degree core work every other day and it's no joke! 

you can't crunch your way to a flat stomach (believe me, i've tried) - you MUST eat clean and do cardio PLUS strength training AND core work in order to burn max cals and see results.

Idntreallycare
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 3:05 PM

abs are made in the kitchen. Sure you can do ab exercises, but if there's a layer of fat over the muscle, it won't help

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:47 PM

I fully agree- abs are made in the kitchen.  You also cannot crunch your way there- you need to hit all of the muscles at different angles.  Don't just focus on your abs, either- a balanced body requires strength training of your whole body, and it'll help increase your fat burn exponentially.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

kris0921
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Insanitys cardio abs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mariemciver2000
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Hi i have been doing Insanity, & will be trying Hip Hop Abs next. Would you be interseted in something like either of these?

BeFit-Mom
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Abdominal compressions.

Abdominal compressions with pelvic tilt.

Toe Taps.

Leg Arcs.

Planks.

BeFit-Mom

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)