Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

How long until I don't feel tired anymore?

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:13 AM
  • 24 Replies
How long does regular exercise take to make you feel less tired? I always feel so tired, and I have been looking forward to not feeling that way anymore lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
itsm3
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:47 AM

are you eating enough?  i find that when i don't eat properly i get tired.  are you eating before and after your workout?

Mrs.Pedro
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:19 AM
I'm eating 1600 calories per nutritionist's orders. But I split it up into 3 main meals with two very light snacks. I don't eat after my workout, because I usually have dinner about an hour before I workout. Then after I'm done I drink lots of water and go take my shower and get ready for bed. I was tired before I started exercising, and I have more stamina, but I still feel tired through the day. It's only been about two weeks of regular exercising though... Before then it wasn't as regular.

Quoting itsm3:

are you eating enough?  i find that when i don't eat properly i get tired.  are you eating before and after your workout?

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:22 AM

It takes time, and we're all different.  But a small, 100 calorie snack after a workout might be a good idea.

You can also try moving your workout to a different time of day, if possible.  If I do a morning workout, I'm SO energized for the day, but afternoon workouts make me tired (though sometimes, like today, it's the only way it's going to happen).  Try different things and see what works for you.

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

I'm eating 1600 calories per nutritionist's orders. But I split it up into 3 main meals with two very light snacks. I don't eat after my workout, because I usually have dinner about an hour before I workout. Then after I'm done I drink lots of water and go take my shower and get ready for bed. I was tired before I started exercising, and I have more stamina, but I still feel tired through the day. It's only been about two weeks of regular exercising though... Before then it wasn't as regular.

Quoting itsm3:

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

jessiejean
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:29 AM

morning workouts give me tons of energy for the day...maybe switching it up. :)

aprilsalcro
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:48 PM
I still find myself tired at times.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ashmom614
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:54 PM

if your thyroid is off at all (even slightly) you will always feel tired. Once I finally got mine treated it has helped

childofGod995
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:56 PM

do you take enough b12? i was tired before i took that and now i feel better. i take 5,000 mcg a day. i know they go up to 6,000 but i heard 5,000 is enough. you can get it at Walmart. it goes under your tongue.

imacafemomer
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:37 PM

I am totally going to try this. I need energy too.

Quoting childofGod995:

do you take enough b12? i was tired before i took that and now i feel better. i take 5,000 mcg a day. i know they go up to 6,000 but i heard 5,000 is enough. you can get it at Walmart. it goes under your tongue.

Mommy_Tate
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:40 PM
I just got home from the gym. I had a awesome work out. And before I knew it I was passed out on the couch watching Madagascar with my kids.
big_red05
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:44 PM
1600 cals seems low! How much do you weigh?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)