Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

An update on Kat (Hunnybadgerkins)

Posted by   + Show Post

Original post here

I wanted to make sure it was okay with her before I updated.  She's kind of staying away from CM to focus on healing right now.

We flew her out here to CA last Thursday.  She's been struggling with her ED since all this happened.  I have been getting her to eat at least SOMETHING each day, but it's definitely minimal.  She's had her ups and downs, and of course Mike is no help (but she's getting the divorce rolling ASAP).

We tried a super short and slow run on Friday morning, but her ribs and hip were hurting too much, so we just walked most of it.  We'd hoped for a trail run Saturday morning, but we did a hike instead (and she took TONS of pics!).  Sunday we headed to the beach and for a drive through the Redwoods (and she looked at me longingly that morning as I left for a run she wasn't "invited" to come on because of her injuries).

Yesterday I came home from class, and things were really hitting her (they had been slowly already, but yesterday was rough).  She asked to go to an inpatient facility, so I spent the afternoon looking up and calling resources throughout CA that would accept state insurance (which literally covers NONE of this stuff in CA... DON'T get me started on our health care system).  Kat also called friends back home and other old friends, and one in AZ found her a facility there that would take her.  Her friend is flying her down there today (Kat's on a shuttle to the airport as I type).

I really hope she's able to get the help she needs there.

She has expressed multiple times how much she appreciates the support this group has given her and continues to give.  I don't know when she'll be able to stop in again, hopefully soon, but she needs to focus on healing for now.

I'm sure you're also wondering about her kids- they're with Mike, who's staying with his parents.  Kat assures me they're safe there.

I'm happy to answer questions if you have them (she's given me pretty much full license to share, I did make sure, as I wasn't planning to get into all this originally).

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Replies (11-20):
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:09 AM
I just want to cry for her :( I barely know her but I feel so awful for her...no one should ever have to go through what she is!

It was super sweet of you guys to bring her into your home, even just for a little while. I hope she gets the help she needs! Sending prayers for you, Kat!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caterpilar
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:08 AM
Thank you for the update. I've been thinking about her. I'm glad she is getting help and getting away from those toxic people.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:16 AM
I've been trying to keep up with both of you between Instagram and fb :) I for one have been really enjoying her constant picture taking :) you don't post enough of your gorgeous scenery! Until lately that is ;) maybe she's rubbing off on you a bit? Lol

Glad she's getting the help she needs...and I've told you before but I'll say it again...you're a great friend for taking her in and giving her the love and support she needed :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KCisPaulsMom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Quoting musicpisces:

Quoting crabbyD:

First, I'm so happy she's working through this right now and letting this process slowly... Let her know I love all the pics she's posted... They're beautiful.  I just want to wish her well through this recovery and strength...  Stay strong Kat <3

Second... What a wonderful person you are... I don't know if you know her personally before CM, but no matter what you are one of a kind and truly an amazing person for helping her out!  and your family too! Thanks for keeping us posted... sometimes I feel like I'm putting a puzzle together by her pics, lol! You guys rock!

Sorry if I'm all over the place...

I met Kat through this group, actually!  We've been talking for awhile now, and have been chatting on the phone fairly regularly for a bit before this all happened.  Last Tuesday, my hubby asked me about bringing her here.  He knew how this had affected me and he knew she needed a safe place to be.  I had been thinking it, and really thought he'd never go for it, so it was a HUGE deal for him to say that.  I'm so glad she's out of her home situation (which was even worse than we thought afte we heard more from her).  I really hope her friend in AZ is able to get her back on her feet.  It sounds like she's really supportive, and has gone through a lot of this herself.  Kat really trusts her, so I think she's in good hands.

I know she's been posting like crazy during all of this on Instagram!  Her phone kept dying while she was here because she was taking so many pics!  LOL  She sounds like she really hopes to return.  I know my son is already missing her, and has been asking all day when we'll see her again.  He wants to go where she is now.  =)  It's really sweet, actually.  He wanted to go to "her" room, but was sad she wasn't there.  He had a lot of fun with her!

Sounds like Mike was a jerk of the highest order. Has her family given her any support at all? She was kind of vague about her relationship with them.

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Quoting KCisPaulsMom:

Quoting musicpisces:

Quoting crabbyD:

First, I'm so happy she's working through this right now and letting this process slowly... Let her know I love all the pics she's posted... They're beautiful.  I just want to wish her well through this recovery and strength...  Stay strong Kat <3

Second... What a wonderful person you are... I don't know if you know her personally before CM, but no matter what you are one of a kind and truly an amazing person for helping her out!  and your family too! Thanks for keeping us posted... sometimes I feel like I'm putting a puzzle together by her pics, lol! You guys rock!

I met Kat through this group, actually!  We've been talking for awhile now, and have been chatting on the phone fairly regularly for a bit before this all happened.  Last Tuesday, my hubby asked me about bringing her here.  He knew how this had affected me and he knew she needed a safe place to be.  I had been thinking it, and really thought he'd never go for it, so it was a HUGE deal for him to say that.  I'm so glad she's out of her home situation (which was even worse than we thought afte we heard more from her).  I really hope her friend in AZ is able to get her back on her feet.  It sounds like she's really supportive, and has gone through a lot of this herself.  Kat really trusts her, so I think she's in good hands.

I know she's been posting like crazy during all of this on Instagram!  Her phone kept dying while she was here because she was taking so many pics!  LOL  She sounds like she really hopes to return.  I know my son is already missing her, and has been asking all day when we'll see her again.  He wants to go where she is now.  =)  It's really sweet, actually.  He wanted to go to "her" room, but was sad she wasn't there.  He had a lot of fun with her!

Sounds like Mike was a jerk of the highest order. Has her family given her any support at all? She was kind of vague about her relationship with them.

She doesn't talk too much about her family.  Her dad was there when she had the rape kit done (yeah, she wasn't thrilled about that), and while she was in the hospital, but apparently told Mike after she was discharged that he wants nothing to do with her.  He's refused her calls since then.  She's really upset about that (on top of everything else).  They've been close, and he's been very supportive of her getting fit, so this devastated her.

Mike goes back and forth between saying mean things and saying he wants to work on their marriage.  No surprise she wants the divorce taken care of ASAP!  He's contesting it back home, but she's planning to file in AZ (her friend will be helping with this), which is apparently a quicker process.

Suzanne

KCisPaulsMom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Quoting musicpisces:

Quoting KCisPaulsMom:

Quoting musicpisces:

Quoting crabbyD:

She doesn't talk too much about her family.  Her dad was there when she had the rape kit done (yeah, she wasn't thrilled about that), and while she was in the hospital, but apparently told Mike after she was discharged that he wants nothing to do with her.  He's refused her calls since then.  She's really upset about that (on top of everything else).  They've been close, and he's been very supportive of her getting fit, so this devastated her.

Mike goes back and forth between saying mean things and saying he wants to work on their marriage.  No surprise she wants the divorce taken care of ASAP!  He's contesting it back home, but she's planning to file in AZ (her friend will be helping with this), which is apparently a quicker process.

The only thing that concerns me about that is what he (or his family) will do about custody of the kids. She may want to finish her treatment and get a job before she wraps the divorce up. He may file for sole custody or something else awful.

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Quoting KCisPaulsMom:

Quoting musicpisces:

Quoting KCisPaulsMom:

Quoting musicpisces:

Quoting crabbyD:

The only thing that concerns me about that is what he (or his family) will do about custody of the kids. She may want to finish her treatment and get a job before she wraps the divorce up. He may file for sole custody or something else awful.

Yeah, they're already fighting over that.  I'm sure he'll use all of this against her, sadly.

Suzanne

sunshine86912
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2013 at 6:31 AM

thank you for the update!  I saw her OP (while I guess that may have been you posting for her?) and I was so worried..so I had to come back and search for an update!  I hope everything gets settled for her..she is amazing!

sunshine86912
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2013 at 6:32 AM

oh and how rude of me..and so are you for doing all this for her/helping with everything :)

LCG83
by on May. 21, 2013 at 6:35 AM
First time I'm seeing this. How terrible. Hope she can find peace and healing. =*(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)