Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I hate myself

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:46 PM
  • 17 Replies
I was doing really well, I had lost 16 lbs, had been off pop for almost 2 months. Was exerciseing everyday and had dropped 2 pant sizes. I've went back to my old ways and I hate myself for it! I've gained almost all the weight back and I hate it! I want to lose this weight but can't seem to get motivated. I don't want to be a blimp anymore! I saw a few pics of me from Easter and I'm just this huge blob of a person. How do you get and stay motivated?
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Beauty91805
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:50 PM
3 moms liked this
Aww hun.

I stay motivated by seeing that scale go down and fitting into my old clothes. When I am about to make a bad decision I think about gaining that weight back and not meeting my goal and it stops me in my tracks. I also make sure that I plan out my meals so that I don't get hungry and snack on junk foods, which are usually the easiest things to get your hands on. I buy healthy snacks and occasionally treat myself while continuing to track calories and exercise.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lovebugs_mom906
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Once you figure it out, let me know :-/

Honestly, I take it one meal at a time, one day at a time. If I screw up at breakfast, I try to do better at lunch. And I find ways to get exercise in. Sometimes it going to the gym, sometimes it's a few minutes if a video, or just going for a walk. I'm still early in in my process, so it really is a one day at a time thing for me.
Mrs.Pedro
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:00 PM
For me, seeing the changes on the scale, measuring tape, and blood pressure monitor is enough... It's become a routine. And I really want to work toward my health so I can have another baby soon :)

I also look at it day by day. If I screw up one day, then I try harder the next.
missygrl18
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:13 PM

You have to have something you love wearing that makes you look great in a smaller size. Use that as motivation. It really helps!

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Truly, it really is one day at a time.  I have to take things in the smallest chunks possible.  Each day, each decision is a separate event, and it can either help or hurt my efforts.  I'm by NO means perfect, but it does help me.  I also think about how I feel after I eat too much or eat something I shouldn't (my biggest issues are associated with overeating).  I likely feel like absolute crap, both physically and emotionally.  Making good food (and exercise) choices leaves me energized.  Too much food or crappy food leaves me feeling lethargic.  Keeping that in mind helps me.

Keep finding tricks that really work for you in the long term.  What worked for you before?  What was hard to stick with?  Learn from your journey and move forward. 

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

childofGod995
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:57 PM

the one suggestion i can make is the best way to stay motivated is by having an exercise partner. drop the pop and stick with water or sugar free tea. exercise 3-5 days out of the week and most of all try to stick with low carb foods. if you can, keep track of what you eat and how you feel when you eat those foods. are your hungry or are you bored or are you depressed? sometimes you have to find a hobby to keep you busy in order to avoid things.

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:19 AM
1 mom liked this
My good friend has a very difficult time dieting and has tried probably 10 times to do the 17 Day Diet, she always fails in between day 3-5. What I told her is what I'm going to tell you, you have to remember that you are human and if you slip up and eat something you shouldn't one day, that it isn't the end of the world and people make mistakes. However, you have to immediately jump back on the bandwagon and try again the next day. People get so stuck on certain days you know, "I'll start Monday/Saturday/Friday", whatever. If someone messes up on a Wednesday, they chock the whole week up to a loss and decide not to start again until Monday. You shoot yourself in the foot by doing that. Consistency is the best motivator. Once you get into a routine with nutrition and exercise it's so much easier to maintain.

Good luck!
itsm3
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:16 AM

i made fitness part of my life, which meant i scheduled my workouts and worked out every day at that time until it became a habit. i planned out each of my meals every sunday and prepped everything and this became a habit too.  when things become a habit, they are things that you *have* to do otherwise your day feels off...like if you don't shower or brush your teeth, you feel yucky.

you just have to find it within yourself to keep going.  it takes humans on average 4wks to form a habit but you must do that thing consistently every day for at least 4wks.

ttc1rainbow
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this

For me-it's one day at a time! I've been at this for 2 weeks now so I'm still new and struggle some mornings to get up and get moving but, I FORCE myself too! I lay there and remind myself that my clothes wont get baggy, and my scale wont go down, and I will lose all this new found energy if I just lay there and ignore the  alarm.

It's helped me so far feeling my clothes getting a little bit baggier! I've lost 4.4 pounds already and I'm so proud of myself! That keeps me going too. I don't want to keep disappointing myself! Another motivation is that I spent money on a gym membership and I'll be damned if I don't get my money's worth! ;) I also have a workout buddy which is a HUGE help!!

It's also about every meal & snack, and really focusing on what I'm eating. I'm not on a diet, I'm simply eating more fruits & veggies, and less empty carbs and processed foods. I've started grocery shopping around the outside perimater of the store. The middle (aisles) are mostly junk and I don't need it. Weight loss/healthy living isn't an easy change. I've falled off the wagon a number of times but I get back up and dust off and keep going!! Good luck to you!! You can do it! Stand up and take tomorrow in stride! :)

bluesky51201
by Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Watching the scale go down is a big motivator. I also work for Fridays measuring day. I want to see the tape go tighter each time. I also post my workout on Facebook. Its a way of holding myself accountable because if I don't do workout I'll feel line a poser.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN