Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health
I was doing really well, I had lost 16 lbs, had been off pop for almost 2 months. Was exerciseing everyday and had dropped 2 pant sizes. I've went back to my old ways and I hate myself for it! I've gained almost all the weight back and I hate it! I want to lose this weight but can't seem to get motivated. I don't want to be a blimp anymore! I saw a few pics of me from Easter and I'm just this huge blob of a person. How do you get and stay motivated?
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Replies (11-17):
Sewsofun
by Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this

I have started and stopped losing weight probably 20 times in my adult life and the one tip that really keeps it in check for me consistently is this ...

Don't buy junk food ever.  Period.

If you want a treat or you're planning a cheat meal or however you are going to do that, go out, buy one serving, buy just enough to share with your spouse and children and thats it.  Stop baking except for special occasions. Etc. 

When you eat these foods, they make you crave more and they send you into a spiral.  They are speciaifcally made that way to sell more product.  Wheat(processed bread especially), sugar, snack cakes, potato chips etc.  Once you're off of them for a while (like a month or more) yu can test the waters buy buying some of those things or learning  to make them at home with high quality low glycemic ingredients.

Frogy
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:02 PM

I completely agree with you.  If yo mess up one day get right back on track the next day...if it is the morning, use the afternoon to ring yourself in! 

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

My good friend has a very difficult time dieting and has tried probably 10 times to do the 17 Day Diet, she always fails in between day 3-5. What I told her is what I'm going to tell you, you have to remember that you are human and if you slip up and eat something you shouldn't one day, that it isn't the end of the world and people make mistakes. However, you have to immediately jump back on the bandwagon and try again the next day. People get so stuck on certain days you know, "I'll start Monday/Saturday/Friday", whatever. If someone messes up on a Wednesday, they chock the whole week up to a loss and decide not to start again until Monday. You shoot yourself in the foot by doing that. Consistency is the best motivator. Once you get into a routine with nutrition and exercise it's so much easier to maintain.

Good luck!

Courtney610
by Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:22 PM
It was seeing pictures if myself that motivated me. I hardly recognized the person in the pictures.

I just started last week, but I am determined this time, to not give up. I have awesome friends cheering me on, which helps my motivation.

You CAN do it!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
flowrsgalore
by Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:35 AM

I just read a little blurb on will power and I'm going to try to incorpaorate it more into my kitchen & shopping routine.   it basically said we have a certain amount of will power & every time you deny yourself &  enforce the will power, the harder it will be at the next temptation to maintain will power.  it said you have to keep the goalin mind when the temptation presents its self. For me it's the fact I bought a bikini & what's the point if I can never wear it.  So when I want that cookie I'm going to picture the bikini & try like hell to eat something healthy instead.  It also said that beating yourself up after slip ups was basically useless, everybody will slip, forgive yourself & move on w/ the plan.  Good luck & may we all all good self control when it comes to food.

EiuGirl316
by Leah on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Honestly, I have a hard time. I'm pretty decent with eating, but I've been slacking hardcore on exercise. Basically I've been telling myself I need to go and then forcing myself to get up and go. It's easier said than done but once I do it enough I get back into the pattern. You can do it! Don't hate yourself for screwing up.

Tyease
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:52 PM

I wish I had some great advice for u, but truth be told I feel the same way, My weight has always taking me on a roller coaster ride. I weigh more than 250 and I'm not that tall. I'm maybe 5 6, at one point and time I was at an all time low of 217 and looked fantastic, u would have thought that would have been enough motivitation for me, but no, here my fat ass sits wishing I could wish the weight back off because I can't get motivated to save my life, so if u figure out how to get motivated and keep it PLEASE give me ur tip!!!!!!!

qslaqhay
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 1:14 PM
... I was in that path so i sign in on another 5k!! That right there keep me motivate.

You can do this. Dont give up. One step at a time
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)