Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Odd pain :/

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:34 PM
  • 4 Replies

OK today me and my SO went to the gym to exercise and we ran/walked for a while and then we went to go do weights and crunches. Well when I started my crunches I had a really weird pain on my c-section area on my lower abdomen. It hurt so bad I had to stop. After I rested we went and changed to go swim and I feel OK now. It still feels weird there but no pain. I had my c-section almost 2 years ago. Why would I have this pain now? I haven't ever had the pain either and nothing has changed. Any ideas or has this happened to anyone? What could have caused this pain?

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:35 PM

It's scar tissue, which heals differently than regular tissue.  It may be that the tissue got pulled in a way that's different from what it usually gets.  My c-section scar would pull and burn and get weird for a good couple of years after DS was born.  Even now, I have less sensation in my lower belly, and he'll be 5 in August.  The tissue is just different, and nerves are regrowing and connecting (which is a slow process).

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

krystaldawn_21
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Feels like forever to feel any normalcy. lol. My last c-section will be exactly 2 yrs ago on June 8th. My son will be 5 tomorrow! :D

Anyways, yea its still pretty tender down there and I am sore. I just found it strange that I have down sit ups and crunches the exact same way and just yesterday it decides to get pulled. Why would it just now get pulled though?

Quoting musicpisces:

It's scar tissue, which heals differently than regular tissue.  It may be that the tissue got pulled in a way that's different from what it usually gets.  My c-section scar would pull and burn and get weird for a good couple of years after DS was born.  Even now, I have less sensation in my lower belly, and he'll be 5 in August.  The tissue is just different, and nerves are regrowing and connecting (which is a slow process).

chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Sorry I have no experience but ouch ouch ouch that sounds very unpleasant

krystaldawn_21
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Yes it was and still is painful. In fact now I am having a little lower back pain. Maybe that is just due to me sitting from my job. Ugh I hate all pains. lol.

Quoting chrisnjoesmom:

Sorry I have no experience but ouch ouch ouch that sounds very unpleasant

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN