Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Tabby's new journal "Starting over again after baby #4"

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:37 PM
  • 40 Replies
1 mom liked this

I was a regular poster on this group last year and the year before...I had lost over 70lbs and got down to pre-all kids' weight. I found out I was pregnant while on vacation in August (not planned...in fact hubby had his surgery already scheduled to get fixed for when we got back)....this is baby number 4...my 3rd girl. So once again like with my first pregnancy I gained 50lbs. So this will be me trying to lose that weight all over again. I was 187lbs just before i went into labor.....after I had my daughter I went down 10lbs (8lb kid). My daughter is now a week old and I've lost another 5lbs and i'm 172lbs. I'm still quite swollen in my legs/feet/hands and I'm still sore/stiff so hopefully I'll be able to start exercising next week when the swelling goes down. I've made Wednesday's my weigh-in days. Next week's goal will be to lose 5-7lbs more in water/swelling weight if things go well. Then after that work on losing the fat I've gained...hopefully at the rate of 1-2lbs a week. So hopefully in 6 months I will have lost most of the baby weight and can fit in most of my clothes. I've got races already planned for this year (starting running in them last year). At least one a month starting in May...2 in July....including my first 10k on June 1st  and my first 1/2 marathon in September. So hopefully all my training will keep me on track for my 6 month goal! Wish me luck.  I'll start posting pics starting with next week's weigh-in.

(05/18/2013)

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tabby1979
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:03 AM

My daughter is 2 weeks old today....tomorrow is my weigh-in day and I'm taking pics. Today I'm doing my first bout of exercise. I'm going jogging with a friend and testing out my new toy! I got a Garmin Forerunner 310X. Hopefully gonna do 2.5 miles of a slow jog...fingers crossed I can do it!

iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Congrats on your little girl!! Good luck with your upcoming races, that sounds really fun:)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tabby1979
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Did 4.12 mile jog/walk today...boy I felt super out of shape. My Garmin worked great though...burned 542 calories according to it. It took 1 hour 10mins to do todays exercise.

tabby1979
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:37 AM

Really sore today after yesterdays walk/run.....weigh-in day I weigh 171lbs.....so only lost 1lb....blah. I'll post pics later.

tabby1979
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Picked up 2 new pairs of asics running shoes on sale today.....so hopefully my next run will be alot better and alot less soreness.

tabby1979
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Finally tested one of my pairs of new shoes this evening and ran a mile. I would of ran farther but the air was so cold it made my chest hurt. Burned 149 calories in 1.09 miles. Love my new garmin watch for calculating and keeping track of my runs. Yesterday I did do some walking during the Pirate festival in Baltimore...should of wore my watch to see how much...lol.

tabby1979
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Today I walked/jogged 2.6 miles with a friend....it was cold out. My poor hips did not like my walk/jog today...really hope this goes away soon, I know it's not a muscle pain because it stops hurting when I stop walking. I'm guessing the baby did a number on my hips. Burned 311 calories. I also tested out my other new pair of shoes and they worked great!

Sewsofun
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 6:19 PM
It has always taken awhile for my hips to go back to their prepregnancy places after giving birth. Closer to a month or two so don't push too hard until you know they are where they are supposed to be. You could injure yourself. Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tabby1979
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:23 PM

yeah that's why I havnt started a full workout program just trying to get back into running.

tabby1979
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:41 AM

Weigh-in day.....weight same from last week.  I have a walk/jog planned for today at 11:30am.....gonna do at least 2 miles.  I logged my foods yesterday and I need to cut back on my carbs and sugars but my calories were low....so I need more protein in my diet for snacks. Also planning on rescheduling my warrior dash to one in another state (in August) but going to do a base run instead on the day the warrior dash was planned.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)