Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Workout tips

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:11 PM
  • 4 Replies

does anyone know any good workouts to do at home in a 2nd floor apartment ???

by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
aprilsalcro
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 4:07 PM
You can do just about anything as long as you got the space and not jump like a mad women :-) Even was I was 200+ pounds I was jumping. Just landing softly.

check out Jillian Michaels dvds. They are great workout videos.You can find them at Amazon or Walmart.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Javi05Eli07
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 4:32 PM
This. My husband and I were doing P90X in a second story apartment and one of the workouts is pretty much all jumping. You could get a jump mat to put down to help soften the impact on the floor. Your downstairs neighbors might not even mind if they know what time of day and how long you will be doing it.
Quoting aprilsalcro:

You can do just about anything as long as you got the space and not jump like a mad women :-) Even was I was 200+ pounds I was jumping. Just landing softly.

check out Jillian Michaels dvds. They are great workout videos.You can find them at Amazon or Walmart.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 10, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Yep, workout dvds are great...just hit Target or Walmart and you'll find some!  Good luck!

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Landing softly is the key!  You can even do things like jumping jacks, high knees and butt kicks if you land softly.  Kickboxing DVDs can be great, too!  I do a lot of strength training, and you can do a ton of that without disturbing your neighbors.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)