Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

just.Jessie's journey

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2013 at 3:31 AM
  • 19 Replies

My name its Jessie and i'm 25. I'm married with two kids. I'm also 245 pounds. I've never been heavier. I have always failed when it came to loosing weight. Well, i'm done with failing. My ultimate goal is to break bad habits and learn to make healthy choices. I have three weight goals;

long term: lose 110 lbs
First challenge: be under 200 by my birthday, at the end of October
Short term: at least 7 lbs a month.

I have also cut pop out. I know is not forever and I will still have one now and then but it's going to be a rare treat, not a daily staple. Junk foods and fast food are also gone. My hardest hurdle will be daily exercise. I hate it. I hate hurting and feeling like a failure because I can't do a push up. So I will have to work up to it slowly but I will do it!!

4/01//13: 245

4/14/13: 238

4/22/13: 237

April 28, 2013: 238 (gained back 3 lbs)

8/23/13: 229

*****UPDATE***** 1/8/14: Today was day 3 of arms and day 2 for legs. I'm still at about 4 sets of 10 reps per move. Buy I was able to do about 24 lunges (12 per leg). I was also able to do 20 reverse crunches. I'm still really sore but I'm getting used to it.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

by on Apr. 13, 2013 at 3:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
just.jessie
by on Apr. 13, 2013 at 3:33 AM
Tomorrow morning I am going to go out and buy my first scale in almost 3 years. I will also be buying a measuring tape so I can track my inches.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
just.jessie
by on Apr. 14, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Well I wasn't able to get a scale. My kids needed new shoes and they do come before me. But I will, eventually. But today I relogged into myplate and I haven't done that in litterally 2 years. Yikes! Nothing like seeing there in black in white "Hey, you gained 20 lbs"! So yeah that was another reminder to get my but back in to gear. I've had a hard week and haven't worked out at all. Time to change that. So I guess we will see how it goes

just.jessie
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Yay my husband is awesome! He picked me up a scale today. I weighed myself even though I've already eaten and am about to start my period. I just wanted to confirm where my weight is. And....I'm down to 238. I'm under 240!

sokolowski
by Lady T on Apr. 15, 2013 at 12:07 AM
Keep up the good work I'm on a similar journey mine is going slowly but surly
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
just.jessie
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 12:25 AM
1 mom liked this

same to you, and thank you! I was so darn excited I almost peed myself lol

Quoting sokolowski:

Keep up the good work I'm on a similar journey mine is going slowly but surly

just.jessie
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Ok so today is the day I get back on track! So far I had an unhealthy breakfast but I did work out. I did all but the last move on the first series and I did all the moves on the second but I only went thru 1 round. I have more plans to work out later after the kids go to bed. Right now its nap time

Excersise 1 Excersise 2

just.jessie
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Today we joined the Y as a family. Since we are a one car family I'll only be able to go on my husbands days off but he gets 3 days a week off. I'll also try talking my inlaws into taking me now and then. But then I realized....dun dun dun....I needed to buy a new swim suit. talk about painful! I'm a round waisted girl with small boobs. So me and swim suits don't get along. I finally settled on a tank and shorts but damn that made me feel sad. but then, that's why we joined the Y! So I can feel better about myself. That and the 2 hours of free baby sitting will be nice!

just.jessie
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:04 AM

so basically 2 things happened today. I spent about 1 1/2 in the gym and I had fast food. 1 awesome, 1 not so awesome. The fast food was a subway sweet onion chicken with peppers and spinach on flat bread but still, not good. I'll keep trying to avoid processed and fast food. but I'm super happy I went to the gym. I even got a picture!

me at 238  sorry if its blurry. I was trying to take it fast and this is after I went swimming

just.jessie
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 9:18 PM

I get to Zumba tonight for the first time! Details when I get back. So excited, especially since I wasn't planning on it and I sorta ate bad today. Yay today!

just.jessie
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Zumba was so much fun. I only lasted 30 mins and then it just became to much but i'm so happy i tried it. i can't wait to go back

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)