Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

*****No Advertising PSA: A must read for new members!!******

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2013 at 12:03 PM
  • 117 Replies
8 moms liked this

Hey ladies! 

I know we have A LOT of new members so I wanted to post this with Admin permission, which I did get. 

In this group, it is against TOS ( terms of service) as it is CM owned and run, for anyone to advertise. You cannot have a link in your signature or recruit in the group. This goes for everyone..I have seen many new ladies in the group that are advertising so I thought I would remind everyone of the TOS. If you are reported, you can be removed from the group, so please don't advertise. I don't want to see anyone removed from the group. 

That is my PSA for the day. wink

ETA: Advertising includes:

• Work-at-home businesses
  • Products that you are selling (personal or professional)
  • Job opportunities
  • Charities and charitable causes
  • Promoting another website (personal, non-business websites are not advertising)
  • Promoting your entry in a contest (e.g,. "vote for my baby in the cutest baby contest on xyz.com!")

ETA: You are also not to pm others to solicit business. You can be reported through pm as well and removed from CM. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

by on Apr. 14, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ACsLady
by on Apr. 14, 2013 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't advertise, but it was my understanding that having a short note in your signature was fine, you just couldn't make posts advertising anything. Am I mistaken?

mcginnisc
by Claire on Apr. 14, 2013 at 12:09 PM

Quoting ACsLady:

I don't advertise, but it was my understanding that having a short note in your signature was fine, you just couldn't make posts advertising anything. Am I mistaken?

You cannot post a link in your signature...you can put a note, but no link as that is considered advertising by CM. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

ACsLady
by on Apr. 14, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Oh ok, good to know.

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting ACsLady:

You cannot post a link in your signature...you can put a note, but no link as that is considered advertising by CM. 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 14, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Bump!  Thanks Claire:)

JeremysMom
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Bump!

crabbyD
by Diana on Apr. 15, 2013 at 9:26 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Apr. 15, 2013 at 11:53 PM
5 moms liked this

I'm so glad you posted this!  Too many people are pushing products, and even just "PM me for more details" is advertising.  It gets really old, and part of what we love in this group is promoting healthy weight loss without "miracle" products.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Apr. 16, 2013 at 1:18 AM
mcginnisc
by Claire on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:31 AM

BUMP!

Noni2319
by Chrissy on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:15 AM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)