Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Eat before or after working out??

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:07 AM
  • 17 Replies
Are you supposed to eat before a morning workout or after, or does it not matter? If I exercise early like around 8-830, I just eat breakfast after. I would eat around 9-930. Am I supposed to eat first? My hubby says no way, and then a friend who is a runner says yes!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:58 AM

I never eat before a morning workout... That is my personal choice. If you do eat before a morning workout I would suggest something light and not right before you workout.

itsm3
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:16 AM
1 mom liked this

i eat before and after.  i eat a light snack before my workout and then i eat a hearty bfast that is rich with healthy carbs and protein.

eating before is a personal choice; some people can and some poeple can't. i need to eat before a workout otherwise i get dizzy and pass out.

chrisnjoesmom
Hope everyone has a nice Easter!
Yesterday at 11:43 AM
by Adrienne on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:22 AM
1 mom liked this
I do both but if you feel like you can work out no problem without eating then why force it. I personally can't make to through a workout without eating.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Silvia1011
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:23 AM
Oh ok... So it's not like necessary as long as I do eat breakfast? I never feel weird.. I drink plenty I water during the workout. I'm thinking the most I could eat is like a small protein bar. I always eat breakfast though.
ariesmom20
by Nikki on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:09 AM
I eat a bar before then later after eat again
othermom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I usually have something small before and then something a little later after

lovebugs_mom906
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this
I am up at 6-6:30 every morning, and the earliest I start exercise is 8:30/9:00, so I really do need to eat something. If I eat afterwards, it's fruit or something.
4puddintaters
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:44 AM
I don't. I like morning workouts on empty and then eating something really nutritious when I'm completely empty later on. I lost about 15 pds like this and continued to keep it off for about a year. Know your body and learn what works for u.
4puddintaters
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Ideally i will work out for 20-30 mins and then eat fruit formid morning meal. I don't make it a point to eat bfast. Just a mid morning meal when i get hungry.
mandaboo99
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this

It depends on the person and the workout really. Some people find empty belly cardio is a great thing, others find it makes them dizzy and they cant get through their workout. If you are going to eat before, eat something SMALL and easy to digest otherwise your energy will be put towards digesting and not your workout :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)