Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Starting over...and over...and over...

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:22 AM
  • 6 Replies

I don't want to post a pic b/c of the crazies on this site....but I am having such an issue with starting over!! I can lose 5 or 10 lbs, then I get lazy, stop working out, and gain it all back...I am SO out of shape...I walked 2 miles last night, at a 4 min mile pace, and almost died!!! I need some tips on how to stay on track, and actaully lose weight without getting frustrated at the scale and quitting.....And, Anyone who wants to keep me accountable, I'm all for it!!!

by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:25 AM

Welcome to the group!  

How is your eating?  Veggies, fruits, whole grains, and lean protein should be the bulk of your diet...little to no processed food.  Drink plenty of water!  Weight loss is 80% nutrition/food and 20% exercise.  Keep that in mind.

Limit yourself to only getting on the scale once per week so you don't get discouraged...many of us lose inches before pounds anyway:)  You can do this mama!  This is a great group for encouragement and accountability!

Walking at a 4 min/mile pace is actually sprinting...did you mean 14 min/mile pace?

MrsSamMerlotte
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:27 AM
Bump because I'm in the same exact situation
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DieselsMom
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:45 AM

Sorry, I meant 4 MPH...so approx 15 min/mile.....my diet is a huge issue....I am a SAHM so snacking is a problem....and I am always battling soda....right now I haven't have caffinated soda in just over two weeks, and have had one sprite a day since then....hoping to cut it out all together soon!!

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Welcome to the group!  

How is your eating?  Veggies, fruits, whole grains, and lean protein should be the bulk of your diet...little to no processed food.  Drink plenty of water!  Weight loss is 80% nutrition/food and 20% exercise.  Keep that in mind.

Limit yourself to only getting on the scale once per week so you don't get discouraged...many of us lose inches before pounds anyway:)  You can do this mama!  This is a great group for encouragement and accountability!

Walking at a 4 min/mile pace is actually sprinting...did you mean 14 min/mile pace?

othermom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 9:22 AM

It is hard. I feel the same way. I was doing really good and lost some weight, then I got lazy. I am trying to get motivated again. It is easier for me when my husband was working out too, but he stopped and I struggle to keep going.

othermom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 9:24 AM

Snacking is a huge problem for me too. A few things that have hlped me in the past is making up baggies  with a serving size of my snack or getting the 100 calorie snacks, so I can have a snack and know exactly how much. Keeping a food journal really helps too. I am needing to start again because I had really good luck with doing it that way

Quoting DieselsMom:

Sorry, I meant 4 MPH...so approx 15 min/mile.....my diet is a huge issue....I am a SAHM so snacking is a problem....and I am always battling soda....right now I haven't have caffinated soda in just over two weeks, and have had one sprite a day since then....hoping to cut it out all together soon!!

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Welcome to the group!  

ambermario4ever
by Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Cut out all sweets and soda. Drink only water. Eat smaller portions and make healthy choices. And exersise. I did this plus used the body by vi shakes and I have lost 55 pounds and have ten more to go to hit my goal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN