Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Diet pills....

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:07 AM
  • 21 Replies

Has anyone ever taken Phentermine?

by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Like 5 years ago I did. Don't do it! Diet pills are so bad for you! I lost about 15lbs in 3 months on it but then gained it all bad plus some after I stopped. Healthy eating and exercise is the only healthy way to lose weight and keep it off.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Army-Wife0128
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:22 AM

15lbs in 3 months!? that's pretty slow and oh man that's not good that you gained it back. How did you gain it back? Someone was talking about it and said it worked great with them but also gained the weight back when they stopped. So i was wondering how well it works. I'm going to the gym now about 6 days a week for about and hour and a half  and i'm stuck right now, so i was looking for something to help me out and get back on track on loosing weight.

Quoting MamaJessx3:

Like 5 years ago I did. Don't do it! Diet pills are so bad for you! I lost about 15lbs in 3 months on it but then gained it all bad plus some after I stopped. Healthy eating and exercise is the only healthy way to lose weight and keep it off.

mommy2alissa
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Dont do it, it is a stimulant. That stuff is like begging for a heart attack. 

Army-Wife0128
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Oh wow! ok staying away! I can handle the possible gaining weight back but not sure about the whole heart attack lol

Quoting mommy2alissa:

mommy2alissa
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Yea it is scary stuff!   http://www.livestrong.com/article/164815-heart-problems-caused-by-phentermine/

Quoting Army-Wife0128:

Oh wow! ok staying away! I can handle the possible gaining weight back but not sure about the whole heart attack lol

Quoting mommy2alissa:

MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Clean up your eating and count calories if you're looking for something to help.

The pill basically gives you energy (made me feel all jittery) and have no appetite. I literally ate next to nothing every day. Soooo unhealthy. So of course when you come off of it and start eating again you gain it all back right away. No pill or meal replacement shake or anything of that kind is healthy. And none of those things will help u keep the weight off. Like i said, try counting calories and cleaning up your eating a little. Lots of veggies, some fruit, protein, healthy carbs...and stay within your bmr range.

Quoting Army-Wife0128:

15lbs in 3 months!? that's pretty slow and oh man that's not good that you gained it back. How did you gain it back? Someone was talking about it and said it worked great with them but also gained the weight back when they stopped. So i was wondering how well it works. I'm going to the gym now about 6 days a week for about and hour and a half  and i'm stuck right now, so i was looking for something to help me out and get back on track on loosing weight.

Quoting MamaJessx3:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
klee001
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:38 AM

yes---most docs won't prescribe it for more than 3 months at a time---that should tell you about some of the dangers with this

it is a stimulant based appetite suppresent.  I have taken it a few times over the last 10 years and have learned that it does have it's purpose, and works, but only if you use it properly.

for me, it was a way to control what I was eating more than losing weight.  it does take away your appetite and since your not craving anything, you can actually plan meals and choose to eat healthy---since your body is not in hunger mode for salt and sugar.

so if your using it carefully and with the purpose of re-training your eating habits-and under the care of a doc--you could try it. 

like I said, i wouldn't use it for weight loss, but would use it if I was serious about changing my diet and eating healthier.

haileys_mommy06
by Jenn on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Don't do it! Just eat healthy, drink your water and exercise.

Army-Wife0128
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Not good at all. I just saw it and not a good thing to take. 

Quoting mommy2alissa:

Yea it is scary stuff!   http://www.livestrong.com/article/164815-heart-problems-caused-by-phentermine/

Quoting Army-Wife0128:

Quoting mommy2alissa:

Army-Wife0128
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 2:11 PM

My eating well it's....yeah not good lol. I eat very very little and when i eat, i do watch what i eat and how much though. I have to do what you say and start counting calories because i can't go my whole life with eating so little. 

Quoting MamaJessx3:

Clean up your eating and count calories if you're looking for something to help.

The pill basically gives you energy (made me feel all jittery) and have no appetite. I literally ate next to nothing every day. Soooo unhealthy. So of course when you come off of it and start eating again you gain it all back right away. No pill or meal replacement shake or anything of that kind is healthy. And none of those things will help u keep the weight off. Like i said, try counting calories and cleaning up your eating a little. Lots of veggies, some fruit, protein, healthy carbs...and stay within your bmr range.

Quoting Army-Wife0128:

Quoting MamaJessx3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN