Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Has anyone ever taken Phentermine?

by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Replies (21-21):
Army-Wife0128
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Thank you for the information and i see what you're saying. I take the kids with me to the gym since they have a daycare but there are classes my son also that he goes to. Nothing major just little things to keep them busy and show them some workouts. It's cute and he loves them. 

Quoting mcginnisc:

Diet pills do terrible things for your body. Period. 

You did not gain weight overnight- you can't ditch it overnight either. Do it the healthy way, which you have stated you are currently taking pills- not healthy. You have also stated you eat very little- not healthy. I can guarantee if you are going to the gym 6 days per week and eating too little, your body is retaining fat stores for fuel and burning lean muscle mass. 

Everybody has a BMR or Basal Metabolic Rate. This is the number of calories your body needs to function and be inactive-think digestion, blood flow and organ functions. Once you add activity, you have to consume more in order to offset that activity and to avoid "starvation mode". 

For instance, I am 38, 5'1" and 130. 

BMR: 1328

Maintenance while working out 3-5 days per week ( I could use the 6 since I'm an athlete, but I choose not to do so): 1328*1.55=2058

To lose 1 lb per week : 2058-500=1558

Ideal range for me is 1328-1558 cals per day to lose 1 lb per week. 

Now...here is the icky part of my reply... our children emulate everything that we do. They look to us for everything-especially our habits regarding health/weight loss. Do you want your kids to see you taking a pill to lose weight and think it is a healthy thing to do, when they cause heart attacks, liver and kidney malfunctioning and more? By seeing mom take pills, it sets them ( esp. girls) up for self esteem issues, and an unhealthy body image. Why not teach them the proper way to lose weight and be healthy? Let them see you eat enough macronutrients and micronutrients, drink enough water and workout? That is all that is needed to lose weight effectively and efficiently. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN