Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Zero self control.

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:11 PM
  • 22 Replies
I ate a decent breakfast & lunch. Then, at dinner I completely binged. It's the same story everyday. I have zero self control & I'm so frustrated with myself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lesgerm
by Leslie on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:39 PM
I have the same problem.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Do you count calories or anything?

I do- I keep a notebook and figure out what I'm eating for the day- 3 meals and 2 snacks  -then I just stick to that (or echange things for something else with equal-ish calories)

melner18
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 9:08 PM
Are you eating enough before dinner or are you ravenous by the time you are eating dinner?

I know for me if I go too long between when I eat then I often overeat because I am just SO hungry.

Maybe try eating a snack a few hours before dinner?

Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stacymomto3
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 9:20 PM

I did the same thing tonight. 

lillybug222
by Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 9:22 PM
I was too hungry by dinner tonight. But that doesn't excuse the excessive sweets I ate!

Quoting melner18:

Are you eating enough before dinner or are you ravenous by the time you are eating dinner?

I know for me if I go too long between when I eat then I often overeat because I am just SO hungry.

Maybe try eating a snack a few hours before dinner?

Good luck.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillybug222
by Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 9:23 PM
I can't count calories. It's too overwhelming for me. But, I did think planning my snacks especially would help.

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

Do you count calories or anything?

I do- I keep a notebook and figure out what I'm eating for the day- 3 meals and 2 snacks  -then I just stick to that (or echange things for something else with equal-ish calories)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
imacafemomer
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:55 PM

I am the same way. It's odd. I eat breakfast, feel great, have energy.. then get ravenous for lunch. I will eat so much crap for lunch, by the time dinner comes around I am still full from lunch. I rarely eat dinner any more, I stick to (healthy) snacks because I eat so much for lunch. I really need to switch up my eating habits but like you, I have no self control either!

buschm
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:59 AM

Diddo

just.jessie
by Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 1:21 AM

I've had that same issue. Its harder at night because that's when I wind down. Try keeping like crystal light on hand and drinking that if its sweets your going for. Or don't be afraid of roasting some veggies. Its a hard habit to break. Boil some eggs. Give yourself a chance to reach for a healthy snack by making them available. Best of luck!

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Apr. 20, 2013 at 1:39 AM
2 moms liked this
Very common (as you can tell from the prior responses!). I don't track daily, but I will do it periodically to check in with myself. A realistic assessment of how I'm really doing is very eye-opening. Like you said, planning can be a HUGE help. In general, I plan all of my meals and snacks, and that really helps keep me on track. Plus, I make sure to get in plenty for breakfast and lunch so I'm not starving in the evening. Is it more out of habit than hunger that you eat so much later? I know that's an issue for me (and I've been on this journey for 3 years now, FYI). It's such a habit to eat when I sit down or in the evening or whatever. I have to make a very conscious effort to ask myself whether I'm hungry or bored/tired/doing it out of habit. I also ask myself what's more important, my goals or a bowl of cereal? Or I think of food in terms of what it takes to burn it off, like a 400 calorie bowl of cereal would be a good 45 minute run. Rarely is that worth it. I have never had the issue of undereating, so this stuff works for me. I hope that gives you at least some ideas! :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)