Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

really need some help...............

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 9:44 PM
  • 8 Replies

OK the only meat I will eat is chicken and not offten. I mainly eat just fruits and veggies but because of that I don't really eat near enough calories as I should. Most of the time I am lucky to get to 700 by the end of the day. So what I am asking is for some ideas on how to get what I need.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Apr. 20, 2013 at 1:32 AM
Are you eating any healthy fats? Can you give us a day's menu so we can look for specifically at what you're getting and what you're not?
There are a lot of great non-meat sources of protein. It doesn't have to be all chicken. Do you eat fish at all?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
StarrTurner
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Ya sorry . 

for breakfast its either apples and strawberrie or cereal

lunch is bell peppers and salad with some walnuts or salad and chicken sometimes shrimp.

dinner curry chicken and rice or just rice.

Quoting musicpisces:

Are you eating any healthy fats? Can you give us a day's menu so we can look for specifically at what you're getting and what you're not?
There are a lot of great non-meat sources of protein. It doesn't have to be all chicken. Do you eat fish at all?

tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:28 PM
do you eat dairy? you can add in cheese, cottage cheese, sour cream.
you can also try adding in some healthy carbs..black beans, brown rice etc.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaKarrot
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Definitely nuts, nut butters (like almond butter, peanut butter, etc), and avocados will help get your calories up.  I also like to indulge in yogurts that are really basic ingredients like milk, cream, honey, cultures, etc. Because they don't have chemicals and fake sugars, they tend to be higher calorie (which is good). If you poke around the grocery store and read ingredients, you can find some decent stuff.  The high fat/calorie foods are not always your enemy. :)

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Apr. 22, 2013 at 1:22 AM

You're getting almost entirely carbs.

What about a veggie omelet for breakfast?  Or eggs and toast?  Toast with PB and a sliced banana?

Do you do any snacks?  Eating more often can really help.

Don't ever do just rice for dinner.  You need some protein and veggies in there.  In an ideal world, aim for 10 servings per day of veggies and fruit.

Quoting StarrTurner:

Ya sorry . 

lunch is bell peppers and salad with some walnuts or salad and chicken sometimes shrimp.

Quoting musicpisces:

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

StarrTurner
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:49 AM

Sorry for the delay. But I do eat dairy and i will add some of the things you suggested in. thank you so much.

Quoting tiredmomfor2:

do you eat dairy? you can add in cheese, cottage cheese, sour cream.
you can also try adding in some healthy carbs..black beans, brown rice etc.

StarrTurner
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 2:55 AM

I am sorry for my delay and thanks. I never thought about adding anything to yogurt. I am just a picky eater and most my family is over weight so i just mainly know the things they get and eat so i am trying to get the right things for me to get to my goal.

Quoting MamaKarrot:

Definitely nuts, nut butters (like almond butter, peanut butter, etc), and avocados will help get your calories up.  I also like to indulge in yogurts that are really basic ingredients like milk, cream, honey, cultures, etc. Because they don't have chemicals and fake sugars, they tend to be higher calorie (which is good). If you poke around the grocery store and read ingredients, you can find some decent stuff.  The high fat/calorie foods are not always your enemy. :)

StarrTurner
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 3:04 AM

I normaly only eat eggs if i cover them in seasoned salt. but toast with pb and sliced bananas sounds good. I do do do snacks sometimes a protein bar but more most of the time it's an apple, carrots, or celery. I try not to have just rice but some night thing get to busy. I will remember that that isn't a good idea from now on thank you so much.

Quoting musicpisces:

You're getting almost entirely carbs.

What about a veggie omelet for breakfast?  Or eggs and toast?  Toast with PB and a sliced banana?

Do you do any snacks?  Eating more often can really help.

Don't ever do just rice for dinner.  You need some protein and veggies in there.  In an ideal world, aim for 10 servings per day of veggies and fruit.

Quoting StarrTurner:

Ya sorry . 

Quoting musicpisces:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)