Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

How do y'all deal with temptations??????

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:30 PM
  • 41 Replies
Ok I want to know how do you deal with your temptations. And how do you avoid giving in I'm having such a hard time it's like I want everything....
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:37 PM
My goals are more important to caving to a short term want. Plus, I am rarely happy when I give in to a craving.
When I went cold turkey on the sugar, I only craved it for the first few days. From there, I stopped craving it (and most other foods, actually). I'm getting back to it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jordynnsmommy10
by Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:43 PM
2 moms liked this
I cutting back little by little
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:57 PM
I found it was easier to go cold turkey when I hit my rock bottom. But that's me! :-)

Quoting jordynnsmommy10:

I cutting back little by little
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I plan some sort of treat every day into my calories and If something comes up otherwise (like daughter makes something yummy or whatever) I have a bite or two of it and then leave it be.

xxBiteMExx
by Myra on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:09 PM
Omg I know what you mean. Its super hard. Some days I can ignore it...other days not so much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jordynnsmommy10
by Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting xxBiteMExx:

Omg I know what you mean. Its super hard. Some days I can ignore it...other days not so much.

And the days you can't ignore it is when you want everything jus like today was a bad day for me I wanted a lil but of everything that's why I don't think I can do the cold turkey thing I would really mess up lol
ballerina.2006
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:37 PM
I don't make anything "off limits" I will cut them out and leave it for a treat on a certain day but I refuse to give something up 100%.

For instance, I'm supposed to be sugar free (because of pregnancy). That is a hard thing to give up right now! So I allow myself a small treat once a day like a few jelly beans from my kids' Easter candy, a cookie if we have them, a candy bar on a bad day, or if it's been super stressful I'll break out a 20oz soda. So I definitely keep within moderation.

For things like pizza or other fun, comfort foods, I know they make me feel icky so I save them for super rare and special occasions. We've had pizza twice in the last 12 months (not homemade).

You have to find tricks that work for you :) Cold turkey works for some and a slow cut back works for others. Just remember one bad meal does not mean you ruined your entire day. Just start up again on the next meal and try your best to make healthy choices!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xxBiteMExx
by Myra on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Lmao. Growing up my mom made the traditional mexican food ( tortillas, mexican rice, enchiladas, barbacoa etc) and let us eat what we wanted. I havent had her cooking in a long while and she cooked today...I caved in cause I missed it so much lol. But I know not to let it become a habit again.

Quoting jordynnsmommy10:

Quoting xxBiteMExx:

And the days you can't ignore it is when you want everything jus like today was a bad day for me I wanted a lil but of everything that's why I don't think I can do the cold turkey thing I would really mess up lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kbix82
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 6:04 AM
1 mom liked this
I cut out artificial sweetners and wow cravings are rare
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this

If I'm seriously jonesing for something sweet I'll pop in one dark chocolate Hershey's Kiss and suck on it, rather than chew. That usually does it for me. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)