Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My first mud run! Lots of dirty pics. lol

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:08 AM
  • 34 Replies
3 moms liked this

So I've been swept up in mommyhood and working. I've dropped some weight after baby #3. from 170lbs to 145lbs. I need more exercise but to keep us all active and promote the kids to be physical we've started looking for stuff like this. Plus we are a prior military family so this is right up our alley. So we did our first mud run. We are looking for some with smaller courses for our 6yr old. But on to my bragging with some dirty photos.....lol

Me and my hubby before the dirty. He didn't get to run this one because we didn't know he would be in town. So he was there for support and to watch to the girls

Hubby and the girls. The tall blonde is ours. The other is our neice

I'm the one on the left, on the right is my bro's gf. we ran together

me, bro's gf, bro  lol

me after a high crawl in the mud

Last one. I'm pretty proud of this one. I made it the whole lilly pad without falling. And got some awesome pics. My best is on another camera though. But this one's pretty good.

Thanks for checking out my dirty pics. lol I highly recommend doing one!

by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EiuGirl316
by Leah on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I hate mud, but this looks fun!! 

a06z08mama
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:58 AM
I would so do one if all the ones local didn't fall on my weekends to work. I wanted to do a 5k coming up but I have to work that weekend.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cntrdmom
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Lol. I worked Friday night, slept an hour an then ran this Saturday. I was so tired. But it was worth it.

Quoting a06z08mama:

I would so do one if all the ones local didn't fall on my weekends to work. I wanted to do a 5k coming up but I have to work that weekend.

cntrdmom
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:02 PM
I don't mind getting dirty. I don't care for staying dirty though. Lol.

Quoting EiuGirl316:

I hate mud, but this looks fun!! 

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:03 PM

I did Run For Your Lives last August, the Zombie 5K obstacle course, I think I was just as filthy at the end. It's disgusting, but fun! I can't wait to do it again this year!!!

cntrdmom
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:07 PM
We are already looking for the next one. I can't find many details but one has a kids 1 mile fun run. I want my oldest to do one but she's only 6.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

I did Run For Your Lives last August, the Zombie 5K obstacle course, I think I was just as filthy at the end. It's disgusting, but fun! I can't wait to do it again this year!!!

a06z08mama
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:14 PM
I work every other Saturday and Sunday. But I found one hopefully in my hometown in August. And I see that I am off the weekend of the Fall Color Run in St. Louis... thinking about doing it!

Quoting cntrdmom:

Lol. I worked Friday night, slept an hour an then ran this Saturday. I was so tired. But it was worth it.

Quoting a06z08mama:

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Yay, how fun!  Which event was it?  I just did Kiss Me Dirty last weekend, and I am signed up for Tough Mudder in July.  I'm looking at a local 10K mud run in a couple of weeks.  They're a blast!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Aamy
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Congrats. Looks like fun !!! 

cntrdmom
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:35 PM
This was foam fest. I kind if hated the foam though. It got in my eye and I accidently inhaled it. Lol. I want to do the tough mudder, but until I quit my job and am able to actually work out and train I'm keeping it simple. It wasn't easy, but not as hard as I expected. We walke a lot. I honestly could've ran more but we promised to stay together. I want to run one with my husband because he'll stay with me but challenge me too. Even with his injuries he's better than most. It makes me sick. But I'm happy he's still in such great shape. Poor thing though. He wanted to get dirty so bad yesterday.

Quoting musicpisces:

Yay, how fun!  Which event was it?  I just did Kiss Me Dirty last weekend, and I am signed up for Tough Mudder in July.  I'm looking at a local 10K mud run in a couple of weeks.  They're a blast!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)