Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Spring Exercise Challenge Day 6: A Better Bottom ~BONUS DAY!

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:10 AM
  • 83 Replies

*BONUS DAY*
One member who replies to this post will be chosen at random to WIN a CafeMom Water Bottle!

Welcome to day 6 of the Spring Exercise Challenge!

If you are like most women, you want to have a cellulite free, aesthetically pleasing bottom.
While an argument can be made that cellulite is hereditary, you can take steps to slow and prevent it. For the majority of women, when weight is gained, fat first deposits on the butt and back of the thighs, contributing to cellulite. You can help to combat this by eating a clean diet, cardio training and zone targeting exercises.

The best exercises to burn fat and tone your glutes (butt muscles) are:

• Squats
  • Lunges
  • Bridges
  • Step-ups
  • Dead lifts

As shown in the video you can do an entire glute workout or just choose a few to incorporate into your daily workouts.

For today's challenge, do a complete glute workout. If you are a beginner, you can lessen the amount of reps you do.
Do you currently target your glutes using any of these exercises or other workouts?
How important is it to you to have a shapely bottom?

treadmillOne member who signs up for our Spring Exercise Challenge and replies to all 14 of the daily activities will be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Sign Up for the Spring Exercise Challenge!! WIN a $25 Gift Card and Bonus Prizes Too!

The Giveaway Rules:
The Let's CHAT Giveaway starts 4/17/13 at 10am (ET) and ends 4/30/2013 at 11pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").
Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.

Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning. One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a CafeMom Water Bottle.

The random drawing shall occur on or about 5/7/13. No Purchase Necessary. Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older. Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Beenhereforever
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:18 AM
Exactly what I need!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mom31751
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:21 AM
Another great workout thanks!!
Moma3boyz
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:22 AM
I have been working on my glutes. I do lunges, squats and bridges almost daily.
cnlsmommy
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:22 AM
I mostly target my thighs, which usually have some butt shaping capabilities, lol. I like to have a nice butt, but I'm not going to kill myself to get it. I'm more worried about overall health than a shapely butt.
lillucky8
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:26 AM
I do some workouts daily that target my lower back injury but her my bottom also. And i am currently doing a 30 day squat challenge in the mom to mom group.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stacymomto3
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:36 AM

I need this!!!

tabby1979
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:39 AM

I dont have much of a butt so it's not really a target area.

Shawna510
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:39 AM
Great ideas
tazzeetwins
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:02 AM

OMG, my butt is probably my worst area, I don't know that I will EVER have a "Shapely" butt! I wish! These are great exercises and maybe I could actually do them and maybe even see some inmprovement!

Lesgerm
by Leslie on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:04 AM
I'm really trying to focus on my butt lately. Lots of squats, lunges, dead lifts and running.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)