Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Spring Exercise Challenge Day 6: A Better Bottom ~BONUS DAY!

*BONUS DAY*
One member who replies to this post will be chosen at random to WIN a CafeMom Water Bottle!

Welcome to day 6 of the Spring Exercise Challenge!

If you are like most women, you want to have a cellulite free, aesthetically pleasing bottom.
While an argument can be made that cellulite is hereditary, you can take steps to slow and prevent it. For the majority of women, when weight is gained, fat first deposits on the butt and back of the thighs, contributing to cellulite. You can help to combat this by eating a clean diet, cardio training and zone targeting exercises.

The best exercises to burn fat and tone your glutes (butt muscles) are:

• Squats
  • Lunges
  • Bridges
  • Step-ups
  • Dead lifts

As shown in the video you can do an entire glute workout or just choose a few to incorporate into your daily workouts.

For today's challenge, do a complete glute workout. If you are a beginner, you can lessen the amount of reps you do.
Do you currently target your glutes using any of these exercises or other workouts?
How important is it to you to have a shapely bottom?

treadmillOne member who signs up for our Spring Exercise Challenge and replies to all 14 of the daily activities will be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Sign Up for the Spring Exercise Challenge!! WIN a $25 Gift Card and Bonus Prizes Too!

The Giveaway Rules:
The Let's CHAT Giveaway starts 4/17/13 at 10am (ET) and ends 4/30/2013 at 11pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").
Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.

Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning. One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a CafeMom Water Bottle.

The random drawing shall occur on or about 5/7/13. No Purchase Necessary. Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older. Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:10 AM
Replies (41-50):
bayliesmommy
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:11 AM
I am the catcher on my softball team. I get plenty of squats on Sunday! I need to start doing them everyday though!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alf2651
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:12 AM

I don't usually work on my glutes. But it's worth a shot!

pamelakeller
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Thanks for the wonderful workouts!!  I will definitely add those to the morning routine.

JerzyGurl81
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:16 AM
I have to do 185 squats today! I will throw lunges and bridges in!!!! Woooooooo
AspensMama1537
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:25 AM
For some reason my butt is the last of my worries. Maybe because I can't really see it, lol.
greenishgirl
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:32 AM

I don't target any one area but I would love to have a shapely bottom.

kristynej
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:36 AM
My favorite area to work on. :) Thanks!
la_bella_vita
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:40 AM

What a great workout : )

notabosley
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Wow, good motivation for me. I usually just do squats, thank you for the tips.
lydiaharper
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:02 PM

I do lunges and squats. A shapley butt is no more a prioriety than any other body part. I am mainly looking for an all over slim down/tone up. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)