Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What program should I use to get in shape??

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:14 AM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this
So I've recently lost 40lbs. 198 to 158. I have 18 more till my goal but now I want to start working out to get in shape.

What do you recommend?

I have insanity and JM 30 day shred. I've done insanity before but quit after week 2 and haven't tried JM yet....

Eta: I'm featured!! :-) so exciting!:-) lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
free35
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:53 AM

I use the 24 Line Video from Herbalife. It's an awesome workout for everyone. It's a multiple DVD collection in one when you order. It has anywhere from light to instense workout. I wouldn't do any of the workouts that involve weights, even small ones. If your still trying to lose 18 lbs I would stick to more of the cardio on there or with whatever you decide to do. Building muscle will not allow you to see your scale drop much. If your interested in getting the 24 Line video let me know. I can tell you where to get it from. :)

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Insanity is WAY more intense than 30DS.  You'd likely get better results from it, if you can stick with it.  But maybe try JM first, and see what you think.  If it's too easy, then go for it with Insanity.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

hudson.maggie
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:22 AM
I love Jilian michaels so Id pick her. But maybe try both? Do one day of insanity and one of the shred?
ilovemy3boys
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:22 AM
2 moms liked this

try the insanity agian . Its tough one but it works. there are so many challenge groups out on fb. do you have a beach body coach? you can get a free membership or one for 2.99 a month. you can call ur coach anytime or message them. they keep you ontrack and are constantly encouraging. you. I love it.

MdMom289
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this

I've been alternating between Zuzka Light Zcut and Tracey Mallet F.I.T and getting great results. I'm also a huge fan of Jari Love who uses weights  and Mark Lauren you are your own gym who uses body weight.

lydiaharper
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 12:17 PM
3 moms liked this

I don't agree with not using any weights. From everything I have been researching, it will help a lot to start using weights like in 30DS since you will gain more muscle, which burns more calories than fat does. So by using weights to build lean muscle mass, you basically up your metabolism so you burn more even while NOT working out. 

While there may initially be less of a number loss on the scale, there will be more inches lost and your body will be trimmer. 

Noni2319
by Chrissy on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I love Insanity. But if you haven't been working out you should start with something else. 30 day shred is a good one to start with.
BabyRuca
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:09 PM
3 moms liked this
I did the couch to 5k running program & seriously went from never having run a mile before to running a min of 2 miles, 3 times a week a year later. But don't get me wrong it was a quick boost in physical shape I literally got to a point where I was running 3 miles within 30 minutes after 9 weeks of that program. I like it BC it stuck with me by becoming habitual.
wahmx3
by Shelley on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Definitely start with 30 day shred, if you haven't worked out in the past, it is a great place to start. JM also has mnay other workout dvds. I know most people say Insanity is TOUGH so do something else to start to get in shape and work your way up to that. Congrats on the weight loss so far! Be sure to measure yourself before starting it, many people say they don't lose much weight but they lose inches which is far better.

N_maricle
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I have gotten great results doing Zumba and yoga (alternating days.) it's not really a "program" though :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)