Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Plus Size Mom Insanity Workout Weight Loss Journey!

Posted by   + Show Post

Okay so I have been battling losing and gaining weight sonce I was a teen. I would lose some weight and then I would gain it back. I went through a rough period the year after finishing high school.

Got through and when I was 19 I met my now DH. Got married at 20 and we were expecting our first child when I was 21. Gained some weight but not too much. When my daughter was about 9 months we got pregnant again. Which was funny cause I had just started losing weight at a good pace then.

Had my second baby at 23 and after that I decided that I needed to get back on track with getting healthy and fit. Then with no warning four months after having DD#2 I was pregnant again. So DD#3 arrived 14 months after DD#2. So instead of losing I ended up gaining more.

I started losing again and was doing great! So DH and I had three girls together and he came with a daughter and son in the marriage. I was debating it I want to have anymore children or if I wanted to try for that boy or not. Right when I decided that I didn't want to have anymore I found out that I was pregnant.

And had been for about two almost three months not knowing. We welcomed our baby boy in 2012. I was at my highest of 286 lbs. I was so done with having the extra weight. So I decided to do something about it.

My husband and I decided to get insanity. We got started and I ended up hurting my knee and all but about two of six kids was sick. So we didn't finish but we didn't give up either. It took us two more times and that last time worked.

We have now finished our first month of insanity, we had to add a few days but we kept pushing and going. And we are already starting to see results.

I am going to post pictures and videos to help keep us going and to have some nice support behind us. We are both up in size but we are pushing and working to be more health to enjoy our lives and our children.

After First Month of Insanity

I know you are like wow! I know that the pictures are bad but I also know that I am working on it more and more everyday! I am losing and clothes are fitting better. I am going to make sure to keep you guys posted! Please Be Nice! Thanks for the support!

You guys can always follow me on youtube for my videos:

https://www.youtube.com/user/nakialinzy

And check out my blog and tell me what you ladies think:

http://www.empowernetwork.com/nakiawealth/

THANKS AGAIN LADIES!

by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:54 PM
Replies (11-20):
kali_mom
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:03 AM
Keep it up girlfriend !! I want to do Insanity just trying to find it as in expensive as possible. If you don't mind me asking, how much and where did you order yours from? Thanks!
LinzyMom
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this

You don't suck! You can do anything that you set your mind to! They lapband didn't work but you can try eating a but healthier or try walking until you feel like you want to do more! I am rooting for you! YOU CAN DO IT! :)

Quoting thefiregoddess:

You can do it!
I have a (failed and slipped) lapband and i wish i had done exactly what you are!

Alas, I suck too much lol.

Keep updating! :)

LinzyMom
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Thanks for the kind words. DH and I ordered it directly from beachbody. We had look around on ebay and things like that but didn't come up with anything. We just talked and decided that our health was worth more than what we was going to pay for the program. Sometimes you have to just go with what you know is a good choice. And going through beachbody you have the choice to send it back if you don't like it or feel that it is to much for you.

Quoting kali_mom:

Keep it up girlfriend !! I want to do Insanity just trying to find it as in expensive as possible. If you don't mind me asking, how much and where did you order yours from? Thanks!

newlife2013
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:29 PM
So do you prefer insanity ie beachbody? I work with zumba but give up easily with the other videos, wondering what has kept you going.
megthompson920
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this

You are such an inspriation!!! I totally needed this.. I'm waiting to order Brazil Butt Lift, and I'm a little nervous because I know how hard it is lol.. I've lost 53 lbs so far, and want to lose 65 more... You totally encouraged me with your post!

CheyennesMommy2
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Go you! You rock! Such an inspitation! Ive been dieting and excercising for 2 months, almost 3. Not really alit of change, one pant size down. I want to try insanity, but p90x cardio about kills me!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
funmommy123
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Good job to you & your husband! I did insanity almost a year ago, but I didn't get much result from it, because I didn't give it my all. Around january, I started on the teadmill & some sculpting & is starting t I aee some results. Now, I need to get my hubby to workout with me, so he can get healthy too :)
glitterwings
by New Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Thats great! I have Insanity, but it is waaay to hard for me. I thought good looking Shaun T would be enough to keep me doing it, but alas even his perfect body wasn't enough. lol I'll stick to zumba and jogging. I hope you continue to post updates. I know people who actually do it see amazing results.

kristynej
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I want to do insanity so badly, but I can't afford it and I have a really bad knee. I heard its def a no no for bad knees. Good luck! I can't wait to read your story as it progresses.
luvmysoldier228
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:49 AM
1 mom liked this

way to go you can do it and love  that you dont give up. You totally rock you rock

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)