Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Why is it...

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:59 AM
  • 2 Replies
Easy for some people but for others it is such a struggle? Is it our genetics, is it our mentality? The way our bodies are built?
I am literally in a funky funk today. My friend and I are the same weight. She's lost 20lbs and I think I gained it. But we weigh the same give or take a pound or two. I am two pant sizes bigger than her. How does that happen?
Then we have this other friend that eats horrible, never exercises and she is 30lbs lighter than us and looks amazing. And she's the same age as us. I don't know why it is such a battle. I want to be happy with me but every day I say I'm happy where I am and then by the end of the day I'm discouraged and hating my size/weight etc. eek! I'm just having a pitty party. Why is it so easy for some people to be small, lose weight, maintain and for others it is a daily struggle? I do not get it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:56 AM

I'm sure some of it is genetics, and also your build and height-  someone shorter who weighs what I do would most likely wear a bigger size than I do.

I think you first need to just forget about everyone else- comparing to them will only make you crazy. It is hard to watch others who are smaller eat what they want or not worry aobut it, and then there is us- watch what we eat, work out and struggle.  All I can say is just  worry about YOU and what you are doing/ eating...whatever.   Then take it from there. 

KelliansMom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Genetics play a lot into it. Also age, my sister is eight years younger then me and can drop weight so fast just by changing her eating and getting back into swimming. Me I have to watch what I eat like a hawk and work out daily to drop it and to keep it dropped, but when I was younger it was so easy just working out worked for me and I could still eight whatever I wanted. 

Just do what works for you and dont worry about others :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)