Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

My mother passed away suddenly at the age of 59 on April 8th.  Since then I've gained 4 lbs.  I've tried hard to still go to the gym, but until today my workouts have been crap.  I finally had a good one today.  This by far is the hardest thing I have faced.  She and I talked every day.  Sooo, I am throwing myself back into my normal life, I am going to get control of my food.  I wasn't eating, and when I would it would be garbage.  That stops today.  I just want to feel normal again.  Thanks for listening!  Hugs to you all!

by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 3:27 PM
Replies (11-13):
wahmx3
by Shelley on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Sorry for your loss, getting back into a routine is good but don't be too hard in yourself and don't get discouraged about your weight. Losing a loved one is very stressful, you will need some time, slowly ease back into eating better, drinking lots of water and exercise to help you feel better. You likely ate a lot of junk and quick, easy things to help you get through the days. Once you are back on track, it should be easy to lose those 4 pounds.

dmwood
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I am sorry for your loss. Welcome back.

hugs

indymom72
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Yeah, the last two weeks I felt like a robot, just trying to get through each day.  My littlest man asked me "are you going to be happy again mommy"...it's just hard.  I've had two good workouts now, and it helps that's for sure.  I love all the support and kindness that we can count on from this group!  Thank you again!! 

Quoting wahmx3:

Sorry for your loss, getting back into a routine is good but don't be too hard in yourself and don't get discouraged about your weight. Losing a loved one is very stressful, you will need some time, slowly ease back into eating better, drinking lots of water and exercise to help you feel better. You likely ate a lot of junk and quick, easy things to help you get through the days. Once you are back on track, it should be easy to lose those 4 pounds.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)