Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Belly fat

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:52 PM
  • 43 Replies

How do i get rid of it. I have lost 55 pounds. I am ten pounds away from my goal weight. I have lost all over. But the place that still has fat that I want to loose is my belly. I just can't seem to get it to budge. And this last ten pounds aren't wanting to go either. I have been working on them for the last month. I eat good and healthy. No sweets I only drink water. And I exercise. Can anyone give me any tips on how to loose these last ten pounds and this belly fat? Also I am on deposit and have been for a few years. I know one side effect is weight gain but I never gained any weight with it so far. But do you think it could be hindering me loosing these last ten pounds?

Sarah      10-16-06                                     Luciano 11-27-08

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ambermario4ever
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:44 PM

BUMP!

mcginnisc
by Claire on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:18 PM
2 moms liked this

Belly fat..aka subcutaneous fat is made in the kitchen. Period. You have to eat extremely cleanly, cardio 4-5x per week, strength training 2-3x per week, flexibility/core work 2-3x per week and water only. 

If you give me a day's worth of food, I can take a peek and see if anything can be changed or improved on..

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

ambermario4ever
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:43 PM

I do cardio everyday. I just started doing arms three days a week and legs three day a week. And I only drink water.

today I had a protein shake for breakfast lunch a big salad snack apple with a little peanut butter dinner baked chicken with carrots corn and green beans and a frozen Greek yogurt bar for dessert .

Quoting mcginnisc:

Belly fat..aka subcutaneous fat is made in the kitchen. Period. You have to eat extremely cleanly, cardio 4-5x per week, strength training 2-3x per week, flexibility/core work 2-3x per week and water only. 

If you give me a day's worth of food, I can take a peek and see if anything can be changed or improved on..

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Are you eating enough?  How many calories was that?  What was the protein shake?

The last 10 lbs are tough!  Staying strict with your food makes all the difference.

I have my own opinions of Depo Provera.  I gained 45 lbs in 9 months on it (obviously that's not the Depo alone, but I was SOO hungry with it).  But if you didn't gain weight, it's not likely hindering your loss, though it is a possibility.  That can be overcome, regardless.

Quoting ambermario4ever:

I do cardio everyday. I just started doing arms three days a week and legs three day a week. And I only drink water.

today I had a protein shake for breakfast lunch a big salad snack apple with a little peanut butter dinner baked chicken with carrots corn and green beans and a frozen Greek yogurt bar for dessert .

Quoting mcginnisc:

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

ambermario4ever
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:46 AM

It was 1200 calories that what I stick to everyday. The shake was a vi shake. 

Quoting musicpisces:

Are you eating enough?  How many calories was that?  What was the protein shake?

The last 10 lbs are tough!  Staying strict with your food makes all the difference.

I have my own opinions of Depo Provera.  I gained 45 lbs in 9 months on it (obviously that's not the Depo alone, but I was SOO hungry with it).  But if you didn't gain weight, it's not likely hindering your loss, though it is a possibility.  That can be overcome, regardless.

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Quoting mcginnisc:

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:18 AM

That's probably not enough calories.  Have we calculated your BMR for you?  If you are consuming to little, your body will hold onto fat and burn muscle instead.

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Quoting musicpisces:

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Quoting mcginnisc:

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

ambermario4ever
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Yes I have calculated my bmr and I only burn between 500-1000 more calories a day than what I eat which you have to do to loose weight. 

Quoting musicpisces:

That's probably not enough calories.  Have we calculated your BMR for you?  If you are consuming to little, your body will hold onto fat and burn muscle instead.

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Quoting musicpisces:

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Quoting mcginnisc:

mross0687
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:22 AM

I did a yeast cleanse and yeast free diet. My stomach went down a whole lot, lost 21lbs and a few pants size. The best decision I've ever made!

ambermario4ever
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:17 PM

What is that?

Quoting mross0687:

I did a yeast cleanse and yeast free diet. My stomach went down a whole lot, lost 21lbs and a few pants size. The best decision I've ever made!

ambermario4ever
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:31 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN