Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BMR please :)

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:27 PM
  • 3 Replies
Hello! :)
My friend needs her BMR calculated. Can someone help her out please?
She is 32, 5 ft tall and 155lbs. She is not currently exercising.

Thanks in advance!
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:16 AM

BMR: 1461

It is not advised that she go below that (and going much above will keep her from losing weight).  If she starts exercising, then we can do the range based on that, but without exercise, she can lose weight through eating healthy at her BMR.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:41 AM
I mentioned the exercise to her before I put her info up. She says she isn't a fan of exercise, but might give it a try. Can you please include the calories if she was to exercise 1-2 days a week.

Quoting musicpisces:

It is not advised that she go below that (and going much above will keep her from losing weight).  If she starts exercising, then we can do the range based on that, but without exercise, she can lose weight through eating healthy at her BMR.

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Hopefully she'll come around!  Does she realize it doesn't have to be pumping away at a treadmill in a gym somewhere?

1461 x 1.375 = 2009

2009 - 500 = 1509

To lose 1 lb per week, she should eat 1461-1509 calories.

I realize it's not many more (because of the calorie deficit, but she will lose faster, and be less flabby from loss if she exercises.

Quoting tiredmomfor2:

I mentioned the exercise to her before I put her info up. She says she isn't a fan of exercise, but might give it a try. Can you please include the calories if she was to exercise 1-2 days a week.

Quoting musicpisces:

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)