Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Help ! Swollen feet ???

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:33 AM
  • 10 Replies
My feet have been aching a lot lately to the point where I want to cry! I just noticed they are swollen . I am at 285lbs and walk all over the place at work . BUT I know it is obviously due to me being extremely heavy . Do you have any home remedies to reduce the puffiness ? Anything I should stop eating ? Start eating ? Input ?

Thanks !
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Reina13
by Reina on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:05 AM
2 moms liked this

My immediate thought is to cut back on the amount of sodium in your diet and to drink a lot of water. 

But you may still have some swollenness from all the walking you do, but not nearly as bad if you cut of the sodium.

aprilsalcro
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Quoting Reina13:

My immediate thought is to cut back on the amount of sodium in your diet and to drink a lot of water. 

But you may still have some swollenness from all the walking you do, but not nearly as bad if you cut of the sodium.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Noni2319
by Chrissy on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:34 PM
This. Lots and lots of water.

And if you haven't I would talk to dr about it.

Quoting Reina13:

crwspringer
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Drink water. Also, if you are able, lay down and elevate your feet some.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
etsmom
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Try raising your feet when you get off work and drinking a lot more water. Watch your salts and talk to your dr. They will tell you to change your diet to a low fat/low salt diet and lose some weight.

Army-Wife0128
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:42 PM

A lot of people say to lay down on the couch or on your bed for at least 30 minutes with yor feet up and it helps. Other than that i have no idea, i'm sorry.

mandaboo99
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Definitely!!

Quoting Reina13:

psychobilly_mom
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Thank you ladies!!!
dleon621
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 6:41 AM

when I was pregnant I had swollen feet and I elevated my legs with two pillow and rested for 30 minutes twice a day.That definitely helped.Please drink  A LOT of water and cut down on the salty food,salty snacks,process food,if you read the nutrition label there is hidden sodium that will cause you this.Much luck.hope you get better soom

Sewsofun
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:18 PM

You could also try soaking your feet or you whole body in an epsom salt bath,  it is supposed to help draw out toxins and reduce swelling.  Also when you take your breaks at work try to elevate your feet for that time and maybe you should get new shoes.  Compression socks might help too, but I'm not sure.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)