Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

really surprised

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:17 AM
  • 8 Replies
Sunday I starting eating a lot better. No more pop. Chips. Breads. Pasta. Candy. Junk...

Sunday and Monday were hard. I wanted the nightly extra buttery popcorn we usually had. I wanted to snack on jelly beans. I wanted to drink some pop. BUT I didn't.

I am feeling better. Well my body is. I am still struggling a lil with wanting sweets and to completely devour a whole pan of brownies. I an getting there..

For the clean eaters. How long was it before you stopped craving the junk?
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
beethann
by Beth on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this
I could never Not eat those things again. I just limit myself now.

I used to eat a whole bag of chips in one sitting. I mean, a big bag!

Now I just have one or two servings and be done.

Same with everything else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Give yourself some time!  It's been a couple of days- sounds like you ar off to a good start though

If it were me- I would try cutting one thing at a time, because there is NO WAY I'd make it more than a few days trying to cut it all out like that!

Monsita
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:50 AM

For me has been a journey!!!

I love some ice cream while watching a movie with my kids....instead of two scoops I JUST GET ONE!!

for me, it works....GOOD LUCK!!!

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Quoting Monsita:

I love some ice cream while watching a movie with my kids....instead of two scoops I JUST GET ONE!!

yup- LOVE ice cream but instead of a whole bowl- now, I just measure it out - or go for an ice cream sandwich or soemthing ;)

I need my treats- and it works for me :)

Monsita
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

Quoting Monsita:

yup- LOVE ice cream but instead of a whole bowl- now, I just measure it out - or go for an ice cream sandwich or soemthing ;)

Thanks for sharing...it is nice to know I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT CAN NOT GIVE UP MY ICE CREAM....I have less, but I still enjoy it with my kids...which now is a classic; becuase Mom would not have a cookie, but she sure GOES FOR ICE CREAM!!!

a06z08mama
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:34 AM
I'm lactose intolerant so if I want the ice cream in my freezer I would be in gastro distress later on. And not worth the pain. I don't even buy the frozen yogurt. Just so I'm not tempted.

I am one that if I try to slowly decrease something it still doesn't help. I quit smoking cold turkey because I had tried to cut back. Yeah didn't work. Same goes for pop. Its all or nothing.

Quoting Monsita: 

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

Quoting Monsita:

Thanks for sharing...it is nice to know I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT CAN NOT GIVE UP MY ICE CREAM....I have less, but I still enjoy it with my kids...which now is a classic; becuase Mom would not have a cookie, but she sure GOES FOR ICE CREAM!!!

SMLemos
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this

It's hard to completely cut it all out.  I had to make gradual changes to make sure they stuck.  But ther are tons of healthy recipes out there to fill your cravings.  Like I make chocolate, banana, peanut butter wafers.  Using chocolate protein powder instead of regular chocolate.  Or I will mix the protein powder with fat free greek yogurt for a kind of chocolate pudding.  Stuff like that makes it so much better. lol

Monsita
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Quoting a06z08mama:

I'm lactose intolerant so if I want the ice cream in my freezer I would be in gastro distress later on. And not worth the pain. I don't even buy the frozen yogurt. Just so I'm not tempted.

I am one that if I try to slowly decrease something it still doesn't help. I quit smoking cold turkey because I had tried to cut back. Yeah didn't work. Same goes for pop. Its all or nothing.

Quoting Monsita: 

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

Quoting Monsita:

I quit smoking cold turkey because I had tried to cut back. Yeah didn't work. Same goes for pop. Its all or nothing.
I am so glad you have that kind of power and control....QUITTING THINGS COLD TURKEY!!!    I wish I was like that....as for me cutting everything in half works!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)