Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Any workouts today ladies?

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:24 PM
Replies (11-19):
KelliansMom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Week four day two of c25k :) first day I didn't feel out of breath or have my shins hurt
goddess99
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:28 PM

I'm not a member of the group but I'm doing the 30 day squat challenge. Did my 130 squats. I think I died a little lol.

Naegore
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:20 PM
I did a one hour workout with my trainer at the gym this morning. I am still feeling the burn.
lovebugs_mom906
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:26 AM
I REALLY didn't want to go to the gym tonight, but I made it there anyways. I got through my C25K walk/run, did some lower body exercises and another 15 minutes on the cross trainer. I walked out feeling much better than I walked in :-)
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 25, 2013 at 5:41 AM

Because those machines aren't accurate.  They overestimate and don't give you accurate numbers.  Sorry to be negative on this, but I'm just being honest.  I want you to get the right numbers for your calorie burn during workouts.  I would recommend getting a heartrate monitor with a chest strap...that will give you 100% accurate numbers on what you burn during workouts.  Claire, Suzanne, and many other longtime members of this group and fitness guru's will back me up on that.  Just wanted to let you know:)

Quoting MaiasMommy619:

It tells me on the machine itself.. It's usually 425 when I stop but for personal purposes I round down a bit to 400.. Why you ask? :)

Quoting darbyakeep45:

How do you know you burned 400 calories on the elliptical?  Are you wearing a heartrate monitor?

Quoting MaiasMommy619:

Eliptical machine 400 calories

Arms day- weights and machines

Total workout was about 45 mins

MaiasMommy619
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Don't worry about it!! Any help is appreciated! I knew that the machines will over estimate so I kinda rounded the numbers down and made up for it elsewhere. :)

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Because those machines aren't accurate.  They overestimate and don't give you accurate numbers.  Sorry to be negative on this, but I'm just being honest.  I want you to get the right numbers for your calorie burn during workouts.  I would recommend getting a heartrate monitor with a chest strap...that will give you 100% accurate numbers on what you burn during workouts.  Claire, Suzanne, and many other longtime members of this group and fitness guru's will back me up on that.  Just wanted to let you know:)

Quoting MaiasMommy619:

It tells me on the machine itself.. It's usually 425 when I stop but for personal purposes I round down a bit to 400.. Why you ask? :)

Quoting darbyakeep45:

How do you know you burned 400 calories on the elliptical?  Are you wearing a heartrate monitor?

Quoting MaiasMommy619:

Eliptical machine 400 calories

Arms day- weights and machines

Total workout was about 45 mins

mamaof3forlife
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:04 PM
Fire 45 EZ class

Laura London' 10 min abs
wahmx3
by Shelley on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:07 PM

I am doing Leslie Sanson's walk away the pounds....did the 2 mile one twice. I can't say it is a good cardio workout but definitely good for the leg muscles.

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Apr. 26, 2013 at 1:51 AM

Did a 7 mile trail run on a new trail (so pretty!!), and tweaked my ankle on the way out.  =(  Still hurting a little today, and of course, I have my long run tomorrow.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN