Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Jenny's Postpartum Fitness Journal *PICS*

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:18 PM
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this

Today marks 9 days since the birth of our fourth daughter. It's been just over 4.5 years since my husband and I got married. Our first was a honeymoon baby. Needless to say, my body has been on a crazy roller coaster of changes. I've managed to lose a good amount of weight between each pregnancy, but haven't had enough time to really get close to the shape I'd like to be in.

I was 155 when I got pregnant with our first and have gotten all the way up to 221 while pregnant. The lowest I've gotten postpartum has been about 175. This latest pregnancy, I got up to 211 and am now down to 193. I want to lose weight slow and steady so that my body can adapt and the weight will stay off. I also want to be fit and toned, not just "skinny". For now, I'll be nursing and focusing on my eating habits. At the beginning of June, my hubby and I will be starting DDP Yoga together. I'm hoping that'll make the difference this time and that I'll be able to go into my next pregnancy (if/when that happens) in much better physical shape. I'm just going to take it a day at a time and make the most of however long I have before our next little one comes along, if we're so blessed.

I'll be weighing in weekly and keeping track of my measurements once a month. I'll also note workouts when I start them. I'll start taking progress pictures with my measurements, but won't be posting them until I have some improvement to show. With that, here's to new beginnings!

WEIGHT

Starting Weight: 211 (198 day of birth)

Week 1: 193
Week 2: 194
Week 3:
Week 4:
Week 5:
Week 6:
Week 7:
Week 8:
Week 9:
Week 10:
Week 11: 192 - Starting DDPY! Day 1.
Week 12: 190
Week 13: 186
Week 14: 189
Week 15: 189 - DDPY Day 30. Switching over to once a month weigh ins.
Day 60:

Total Weight Loss: 22 lbs.

MEASUREMENTS

1 May
Under Bust:
Arms:
12/12
Waist:
Hips:
Thighs:
Calves:
16/16

1 June
Under Bust: 37.5
Arms:
12/11.5
Waist:
Hips:
Thighs:
Calves: 16/16

1 July
Under Bust: 38.5
Arms: 12/12
Waist: 39
Hips: 48.5
Thighs: 41.5
Calves: 16/16

1 August
Under Bust: 36
Arms: 12/11.5
Waist: 36
Hips: 47
Thighs: 41
Calves: 15.5/15

Total Inches Lost: 15

PROGRESS PICTURES

DDPY

MUMMY TUMMY

***GOALS***
By 24 September (5 year anniversary):
Weigh about 170.
Fit a size 12-14.

End:
Weigh 135-140.
Fit a size 6/8.
(Subject to change based on what looks/feels right for me as I get closer.)

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ACsLady
by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Gained a pound this week, which was no fun to see, but I'm not going to stress about it. Things are still very crazy around here, our meals are far from organized and well planned out, and I know it'll take a bit more time for everything to kind of fall into place. Our lease is up at the end of this month and we have no idea where we'll be living. I know that God will work it out, but it's still an unknown for us. I'm thinking sometime in June, we'll have a lot more stability to our lives. Until then, we'll be doing the best we can and I'll be taking each day at a time.

In other news - I took my first set of measurements tonight. Was hoping to get them done this morning and progress pictures taken sometime today, but that didn't work out. Going to try to get the pictures done tomorrow, though I might wait 'til Monday to do them since I'll be 3 weeks PP.

ACsLady
by on May. 13, 2013 at 10:00 AM

Today my littlest one is a month old. Since last week, I've lost 4 lbs. I have been making an effort to eat more consistently (instead of grabbing whatever I can between nursing and taking care of everything else) and my last grocery trip consisted of much more healthy foods. I'm able to be up and handle more and I want to cook right now to make super tasty, healthy meals. My plan is to play around with Sonoma Diet marinades, seasoning, and cooking methods to learn how to bring out the best in the foods I'm making. I was never taught how to season food or make something that's simple, yet profound for my taste buds. So, I'm on a mission to teach myself...somehow.

I also met a mini goal yesterday, just in time for Mother's Day. I was able to wear my new skirt to church. It's a 16. It didn't fit perfectly, but fit well enough to wear. It should definitely fit better by 1 June for my best friend's wedding. I just need to get a new shirt to wear with it now since the one that matches is WAY too big....it's a maternity shirt and I just swim in it.

I feel like my mind and body are coming out of a swamp...my brain isn't immersed in this pregnant hormonal fog and my body is free to improve instead of having the life sapped from my bones. I can feel and dress cute. I can move around comfortably. And this is just the beginning! :D

Also...haha, like I need another one, right? There are MANY positive changes beginning to be put into motion. My hubby and I have been through the most trying 9 months of our marriage since August and things are finally really beginning to turn around. I am so happy and excited! :)

ACsLady
by on May. 22, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Gained a pound this weigh in. Not encouraging, but it's been a stressful week. Lots of huge changes going on in our life right now...good changes, but hectic, crazy, fast-paced ones.

My hubby now has a job - praise the Lord - but it's one that requires him to be ready to handle things at the drop of a hat. He's a personal assistant for the man we met through the church we're attending. At the moment, he's trying to find the best fit for Aaron and has had him doing a bunch of different things. They went to the Republican primary convention this past weekend and were gone from Thursday afternoon 'til the wee hours of Sunday morning. Those few days of handling the girls on my own were VERY stressful.

Changes with the girls include moving our third in with her older sisters and starting potty training, so lots of adjusting there. I developed mastitis this past Sunday and what I think was adult meningitis just after the infection set in. Today's the first day I'm feeling almost normal. Should be fine by tomorrow, thankfully. I've never felt like that before and hope I never do again...it was awful.

So, yeah...if all I gained was a pound from all that, I can live with it. My weight seems to naturally ebb and flow like that anyway...just hoping the tide continues to move out with each wave instead of finding myself in high tide again, haha. Things should really start to change once we begin our workouts at the beginning of June. That's when the game is seriously on. This month has been geared more toward me getting back into cooking full meals now that I'm physically capable and learning how to manage all our little ones. A lot more has been thrown into the mix to juggle, so it's been rough, but I think we're doing ok.

ACsLady
by on May. 27, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Baby is 6 weeks old today...wow, how time flies. I've lost 2 pounds since last week and am officially out of the 190's. Yay! Hoping it stays that way. Only 1 more week 'til we start DDP Yoga. I'm excited for it, but really feeling the pressure regarding our eating habits. I was in a really good groove of cooking great dinners and spending more time in the kitchen...then Aaron had the convention to go to and I got sick after that, so everything got thrown off. Money's also tight for food right now because I'm making meatballs for my friend's wedding, so that's stressing me out a bit. Things will all even out in about a week...just gotta get through this.

Really need to find some inspiration for good meals. I have found myself hating food so much and want to enjoy it. :/

CrossStitchMum
by Member on May. 28, 2013 at 7:49 AM

You're doing great! My baby girl is 9 months now. I have DD6,DS4,DD3 and DD9months. And Ive been too worried about having healthy babies to worry about my weight. Now that my body is my own again and healed, Im ready. We can do this!

ACsLady
by on May. 28, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Thanks. We have four little girls under four, so most of my marriage has been spent pregnant. Each pregnancy has taken more and more of a toll on my body, so I am really focusing on replenishing what's been taken and getting in shape for the next baby that comes along (if/whenever that is). I was really anemic this past pregnancy and it made my recovery much more difficult on me. Can't go through something like that again.

I am LOVING having my body (mostly) to myself again. It feels so much better and I can do so much more. I still have a lot of habits to work on so I take better care of myself, but I'm getting there. Really hoping I can reach my goals and be fit and healthy before another pregnancy. My aim is to be there by the end of the year, or at least close to it.

Quoting CrossStitchMum:

You're doing great! My baby girl is 9 months now. I have DD6,DS4,DD3 and DD9months. And Ive been too worried about having healthy babies to worry about my weight. Now that my body is my own again and healed, Im ready. We can do this!

ACsLady
by on Jun. 2, 2013 at 9:43 AM

I lost 7 inches this past month! 7!!! Wow...I could feel a difference, but didn't expect it to be anywhere near that much. So encouraging for me. :D I can't wait to see what this next month brings since we're starting DDP Yoga tomorrow. It's gonna be fun!!!

ACsLady
by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Well, today was weigh in day. Up a pound again. We were supposed to start working out, but I don't think mornings will really be feasible. The best time for us will be in the evenings once all the girls are in bed...which puts us at about this time every night. Ugh. Gonna have to figure this out and just do it. I want and need to.

ACsLady
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 7:32 AM

Down 3 more pounds! My baby is 8 weeks old today. I've lost a total of 24 pounds so far. Part of me wishes it was more, but the bigger part of me is happy with where I'm at. I'm well out of the 190's...at 187 this morning. That was my goal for the end of May. Took me an extra week and a half, but I'm here. I'm super excited to get into the 170's. Only 11 more pounds 'til my pre-pregnancy weight.

We still haven't started working out. My sister moved in this weekend and will be staying with us at least for the summer, maybe for a year. I'm excited and happy about it. Caused a lot of family drama though...my parents aren't happy in the least bit. Also still dealing with family drama with my in-laws who moved out about a month ago. I hate drama and my heart is broken over all of this...hoping it gets better soon.

ACsLady
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Second week in a row that I've gained a pound. Not exactly encouraging. I've felt very bloated and very, very grumpy the past few days. I absolutely hate this and can't seem to get out of this funk. We still haven't started working out, though we did take a nice long walk as a family late last week. I just want to beat something to get this stress out. Working out would be a great outlet, but I just feel like I can't ever do that with the girls running around. They've been such a handful lately. I hate feeling like I just want to run away or escape things. I hate being depressed and pissed at the world. It's hot here and everyone's miserable...I know I'm just making it worse by the way I'm acting too.

:(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN