Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Running & insanity

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:25 PM
  • 6 Replies

So I am almost done with clx and I am looking for my next new thing.  I am either going to just rotate some clx, bbl, and tf(clx-Chalean extreme, bbl- brazil butt lift tf-turbo fire) or I am thinking of doing insanity or just wait till focus t25 comes out.  I am worried about training for a half and doing insanity and breastfeeding.  I need to tighten up and lose a little bit of weight, maybe 5 lbs but mostly just lose some inches.  Thoughts advice? Thanks.

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 7:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MomRocs1102
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:26 PM

im breastfeeding and i started insanity today.  how much have you lost so far?

itsm3
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:48 PM

i say do what you want to do! as long as you enjoy it, then that's all that matters

Sweet_Punk
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:57 PM

I had a hard time with long distance running and insanity at the same time. I think you may burn too many calories doing insanity with the half training and bfing.  I'm sure people have done it but for me it was difficult to do together.. 

mefingas
by Morgan on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:28 PM

I lost the 30 lbs I gained with being pregnant and I have lost another five on top of that.  Depending how full my boobs are sometimes I'm anywhere between 113.5-115.  Lately mostly 115 but I think it might have to do with more salt in take then I am used to.

Quoting MomRocs1102:

im breastfeeding and i started insanity today.  how much have you lost so far?

wahmx3
by Shelley on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Since you are bfeeding, it sounds like training and insanity together would be a bit too much for your body. Although only you know how well your body is in shape though but I would be careful not to overdo it with both.

jessiew971
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 4:24 PM

I used Insanity & P90x before I was pregnant and did hybrid programs with these two, but whenever I added extra running to Insanity I always felt really burnt out, so I wouldn't recommend it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)