Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I'm still new, tell me about you

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:03 PM
  • 17 Replies

So far I love this group. Everyone is really encouraging and helpful. But I'd like to know a little bit more about ya'll as the awesome ladies you are. I'll start. Right now I'm a stay at home mom of 2 young kids, 20 months and 5. I love to read, I'm kind of nerdy. I'm stuck on Doctor Who right now. I love outdoor activities as well as just relaxing with the family. I'm trying to my crafty but its not going so well atm. So thats me in a nutshell :)

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Javi05Eli07
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:04 PM

I am also a SAHM.  I have 3 kids, 7, 6, and 2.  I love to read too, but I don't make it a priority anymore :(  I love crime dramas, books and tv.  I love to be outside playing with my kids.  I love playing board games with them too.  I go through spurts of having to crochet and then I won't do it for months at a time.  I love to cook/bake new and healthy things.  I love to workout because when I don't my legs get sore and stiff since breaking them in a car accident 2 years ago (1 leg very bad, the other not nearly as bad).  I love it when my kids join in or ask if we can go for a walk.  I am also pretty cheap, so I love to shop garage sales, thrift, clearance, etc.

just.jessie
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:20 PM

I love thrift shops, too! You can be surprised by what you find

Quoting Javi05Eli07:

I am also a SAHM.  I have 3 kids, 7, 6, and 2.  I love to read too, but I don't make it a priority anymore :(  I love crime dramas, books and tv.  I love to be outside playing with my kids.  I love playing board games with them too.  I go through spurts of having to crochet and then I won't do it for months at a time.  I love to cook/bake new and healthy things.  I love to workout because when I don't my legs get sore and stiff since breaking them in a car accident 2 years ago (1 leg very bad, the other not nearly as bad).  I love it when my kids join in or ask if we can go for a walk.  I am also pretty cheap, so I love to shop garage sales, thrift, clearance, etc.

mampanda0422
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:38 PM
1 mom liked this
hello i'm Julie. i am a SAHM i have a 5 and a 6.. i love to read.. but don't really do it lately.. i love murder showss lmao like snapped.. and almost got away with it.. and i love the hobbit and lord of the ring movies they are my fav.. so yes i am a nerd... i love going to the anime conventions.. or the comic book conventions... i don't do anything exciting.. i'm not crafty at all... i babysit three times a week.. other than that i love to cook and eat! lol ohh yeah i am a part time student.. ummm... i work out 7 days a week.. for about 30 min in the gym then i take a water aerobics class 5 days a week for an hour..
Mrs.Velasquez
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Stay at home momma also. My name is Jess, and I have two girls, 5 & 15 months. I live in beautiful so cal :) married to William. I love greys anatomy, southland, sons, army wives, Nashville, and sandal. I've gotten really crafty since my dd1 started school. I love it. I enjoy watching sports. I'm very outspoken, blunt on things and strong headed. People can't handle me at times. I mean well and have the best intentions. I love to laugh and especially listen to people's problems. Family is my first priority. That's pretty much it :)

I'm three weeks into my weight loss journey and i have lost 13.5lbs :)
mcginnisc
by Claire on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:14 AM

Hi there! 

I'm Claire. I'm married to my HS sweetheart Heath and we've been together for almost 22 years and married for 17 years. We have 2 girls- Lilly and Karli. Lilly is 7.5, adopted from China, and absolutely perfect in every way... Karli is 4, our little shock/surprise, and is a daredevil that gets into more trouble than her sister has ever contemplated in the past 6 years home. LOL... I am currently a SAHM after leaving my Chef career behind to be a mom to Lilly-bug, but I will be re-entering the workforce soon. 

fI do love to read ( Nora Roberts is my fave author), cook/bake, and run. I'm a slight fitness fanatic so I am studying for my Personal Trainer Certifications right now. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

itsm3
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:16 AM

i'm a f/t working mom.  i'm a self-employed IT consultant which basically means i get to geek out every day :).

i have a 4yo dd and a wonderful husband who, like me, loves being healthy and active.

i started my journey jan 1, 2012 and have never looked back.  i went from a size 8/10 pants and M/L shirt/dress size to a size 2 pants and xs shirt/dress size.  it was freaking hard work but i stayed strong, remained patient and now i'm totally kicking it out of the park.  where i used to shy away from fitness challenge, i'm all about COME AT ME, BRO!  GIMME EVERYTHING YOU GOT!  LOL.  in september, i'll be doing the tough mudder race with 14 of my friends and we're all so excited!  i workout every morning at 5am, 6x/week.  lifting is my favorite and my focus; i only do cardio because i know i have to but i could lift all day!

on my off time i love reading, blogging and just doing different fitness challenges.  we're always out and about every weekend and spend very little time indoors.

BUBS2012
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Hi I have 4 month old that keeps me very busy, I work partime I am a nurse work on hubsand days off we have been married 18 yrs high school sweet hearts I love to read but don't get to do to much of that anymore. Danielle steel is my favotite before my little one was born I was very active. Workout almost everyday went to the gym, took kickboxing class I love to watch Chicago fire its my favorite show I would love to be more crafty I bought a new sewing machine but have yet to take it out of the box. We enjoy going to flee markets in the summer.
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Quoting mcginnisc:

Hi there! 

I'm Claire. I'm married to my HS sweetheart Heath and we've been together for almost 22 years and married for 17 years. We have 2 girls- Lilly and Karli. Lilly is 7.5, adopted from China, and absolutely perfect in every way... Karli is 4, our little shock/surprise, and is a daredevil that gets into more trouble than her sister has ever contemplated in the past 6 years home. LOL... I am currently a SAHM after leaving my Chef career behind to be a mom to Lilly-bug, but I will be re-entering the workforce soon. 

fI do love to read ( Nora Roberts is my fave author), cook/bake, and run. I'm a slight fitness fanatic so I am studying for my Personal Trainer Certifications right now. 

Wow-  I have been with hubby 21 1/2 yrs,  and we  just had our 17th anniversary!

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:06 AM

I am currently not working,  been with hubby 21 yrs,  we have a 19 yr old daughter and a 16 (almost 17) yr old son.

We move a lot- have lived in 7 states -some of them multiple times.  We are in New Mexico now (for the 2nd time) but will probably end up either back in Utah (ugh) or Az again in the next year or two.  I started belly dance classes about 4 -5 yrs ago, and have taken them off and on since (when I can find and afford them). It's something my daughter and I like to do together :)

I like movies, music- and LOVE concerts, I draw and sew here and there when the mood strikes me. I have gone to both cosmetology and nail tech school ( not using either though *as work* for various and frustrating reasons).   I also LOVE to visit Las Vegas! even though I don't gamble much and don't drink much either- I love the lights, the hotels and jsut being there :)

and...sparkly things.  Love sparkly things!

Lesgerm
by Leslie on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Hi! I'm Leslie, I work part-time in the mornings. I have 3 kids: 14, 10 and 2. Hubby and I are college sweethearts and have been together 19 years...married for almost 16 years.
I started my weightloss journey in Jan 2012, and lost 50 lbs in 6 months. I then gained about 12 or so lbs back during the holidays. Still working on losing that...7 lbs to go and then I'd love to lose about 10 more. I love running, lifting and spinning. I work out 5-6 days per week and am very active with my kids :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)