Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

a question about breakfast.

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:30 AM
  • 9 Replies
I know that it's important to eat breakfast. And i always do unless i wake up late for school. But my question is., while I'm counting calories, I find it near impossible to stay in my calories limit with a big breakfast. But if i have a small breakfast I end up having pb at night to get up to my calories. I understand this doesn't make sense, but the earlier in the day I eat all my calories (we eat dinner around 6-7 and i stay up until 11-12) the more likely i am to binge when i have no calories left. This is why i like to keep about 200 calories left until after dinner so i have some wiggle room and i don't develop the 'fuck it' attitude. But i have never been able to succeed in my 3 years of on off dieting to eat a good sized breakfast and still have calories left after dinner.

Long story short I have realized why I give up and binge and to stop i have realized that having a smaller breakfast helps me succeed. Well that be detrimental to my weight loss? I do have a lot to lose.

Oh and p.s. stepped on the scale this morning and it said 248.3! (started at 251.5!)
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
itsm3
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:11 AM

as long as you eat all of your calories, distribute them throughout the day as you see fit.  i always eat the majority of my calories early in the day and then go light at night.

youllneverknow
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:22 AM
Oh sweet i was worried

Quoting itsm3:

as long as you eat all of your calories, distribute them throughout the day as you see fit.  i always eat the majority of my calories early in the day and then go light at night.

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:32 AM

I eat about 200 for breakfast-ish

I also like to have about that left after dinner for a snack.

I have lost 55 lbs so far- so it's working ok for me

JoJoBean8
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 10:49 AM
I eat 2 eggs every morning and it holds me until lunch.
GMW42
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Good question. I do like to be able to eat more later in the day, and am rarely hungry when I get up. I like to have my coffee but I have a hard time eating anything else until lunch... I know I probably should eat something, but I just don't like to...

childofGod995
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:37 PM

my biggest problem was planning what to eat for breakfast also. so what i finally decided to do is order meal replacements through Herbalife and have protein shakes. i hate cooking in the morning and i am tired of cereal.

ashley9603
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:38 PM

I workout most days of the week first thing in the morning so on those days I have a bigger breakfast,I dont diet,I just try to eat healthier and make heathier choices.Do I stick to this all the time?Not all the time,but for the most part I do.

youllneverknow
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Yeah before i went to school all i had was an orange and coffee at six thirty. Eating a small breakfast doesn't bother me because i don't really get hungry until dinner. When i don't have extra calories at night is where i slip up

Quoting GMW42:

Good question. I do like to be able to eat more later in the day, and am rarely hungry when I get up. I like to have my coffee but I have a hard time eating anything else until lunch... I know I probably should eat something, but I just don't like to...

Magalie_M
by on May. 1, 2013 at 5:15 PM
You may work out a little bit mOre
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)