Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

this is ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:09 AM
  • 34 Replies

im so sick of being fat, so i joined the ymca. free daycare while i work out every day, right? nope. why? bc everytime i want to do something, something else happens. 

how do you ladies find a routine and stick to it? especially with two kids. my 2 yr old goes with me, and goes into the child watch room. but it seems everytime i get there, get settled on a treadmill, my phone rings and i have to go pick up ds from school for some reason or another. 

im just fed up with everything. 

by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Silvertears1275
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:15 AM

I have a lot of those "when it rains, it pours" spells, too.  When I would go to the gym in the mornings, it never failed that when I got into the groove, my kids would hit a streak of sleepless nights and early mornings and prevent me from going.  It's really easy to get frustrated and give up on your goals, but you really have to just keep trying.

EvaTheDiva29
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:17 AM

i mean, wtf? lol all i want to do is go in the morning, walk/run the tread for two hours and come home.....seems simple enough right? not for me! i might as well just cancel the y and walk around the neighborhood. i only got the y bc dd can go in there, and we can have a break from each other, also they have the pool, and other activities for the kids. 

im just very disappointed in my life right now. 

Quoting Silvertears1275:

I have a lot of those "when it rains, it pours" spells, too.  When I would go to the gym in the mornings, it never failed that when I got into the groove, my kids would hit a streak of sleepless nights and early mornings and prevent me from going.  It's really easy to get frustrated and give up on your goals, but you really have to just keep trying.

emeraldangel20
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:35 AM

i do my workouts at night when my dd is asleep or i wait for her to take a nap and take a quick jog. even if it's just jogging in place.

EvaTheDiva29
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:41 AM

i thought about going at night. but by the time the kids actually fall asleep, im too tired to go. 

jogging in place......lol i may try that!

Quoting emeraldangel20:

i do my workouts at night when my dd is asleep or i wait for her to take a nap and take a quick jog. even if it's just jogging in place.

HappyLavender
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:10 AM
There are lots of great ideas, you can find ones that work for you! I have more then one option to fit in my hectic schedule. With a stroller, you can walk with kids and burn more calories doing so, I found a cheap stationary bike to have at home. I would have preferred the treadmill, but the bike takes up less room. There are apps on the phone that can give you great workout routines to do at home. And the Wii has games you can play for weight loss and cardio. And those are fun to do with kids...when they are younger they don't need a remote to have fun! My favorite are the Just Dance series, I have 1-4! And we even make it a game night. After trial and error, I have learned to sneak it in when you can, or include them.
Good Luck!
EvaTheDiva29
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:12 AM

i don't have a wii, but it looks fun. no room for a bike, or treadmill, but i would love to have my own. lol 

i just need to stop being a lazy fat cow and do it already! 

Quoting HappyLavender:

There are lots of great ideas, you can find ones that work for you! I have more then one option to fit in my hectic schedule. With a stroller, you can walk with kids and burn more calories doing so, I found a cheap stationary bike to have at home. I would have preferred the treadmill, but the bike takes up less room. There are apps on the phone that can give you great workout routines to do at home. And the Wii has games you can play for weight loss and cardio. And those are fun to do with kids...when they are younger they don't need a remote to have fun! My favorite are the Just Dance series, I have 1-4! And we even make it a game night. After trial and error, I have learned to sneak it in when you can, or include them.
Good Luck!

mandaboo99
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:27 AM

I do my workouts at night after babies are in bed :) It is hard, but absolutely possible just keep at it!! I lost 70lbs in just under a year doing it this way. Keep your head up and stick with what works for you!! set aside a time that is YOURS and no one elses, tell people "this is MY TIME" send  me a pm if you want to chat, I have 3 kids plus when i started my journey my hubby was away for 4 months, i understand where your comin from.

Amanda

Quoting EvaTheDiva29:

im so sick of being fat, so i joined the ymca. free daycare while i work out every day, right? nope. why? bc everytime i want to do something, something else happens. 

how do you ladies find a routine and stick to it? especially with two kids. my 2 yr old goes with me, and goes into the child watch room. but it seems everytime i get there, get settled on a treadmill, my phone rings and i have to go pick up ds from school for some reason or another. 

im just fed up with everything. 

EiuGirl316
by Leah on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:04 PM

I know it's tough. Is it th first time they've really been away from you? If you keep at it, iI'll get better, I promise. It just seems like its an adjustment for some kid if they've never been away from mom before. 

Kimmer331
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:17 PM

I'm a single mom of 1, with 2/3 jobs.  I primarily workout at home myself.  While I do have a gym membership, I rarely get to use it due to scheduling.  At least at home,  I can pause the workout, etc, and get back to it.  I like that I can complete a program at home, like Body Combat, which I found at the gym, but was able to get for use at home.  

Over the last few years I have quite a selection.  I got the Wave a few years ago, and should pull that back out, miss that one. Jilian Michaels has some great DVDs.  LIke I said my current fave is Body Combat because it's a great aggression reliever for me....kicking and punching.  

Good luck!

ashley9603
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:42 PM

I dont go to a gym.I take my kids with me to the park while I run or I run indoors on my treadmill while they nap.There are days when life gets in the way and i cant workout like i want to,but I keep working at it and I dont stop trying.Been doing this for almost two years now and dont plan on giving up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN