Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

im so sick of being fat, so i joined the ymca. free daycare while i work out every day, right? nope. why? bc everytime i want to do something, something else happens. 

how do you ladies find a routine and stick to it? especially with two kids. my 2 yr old goes with me, and goes into the child watch room. but it seems everytime i get there, get settled on a treadmill, my phone rings and i have to go pick up ds from school for some reason or another. 

im just fed up with everything. 

by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:09 AM
Replies (11-20):
childofGod995
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:43 PM

i would not give up on the gym, but i sure would have a talk with your son or else i would just shut my phone off. if you can not shut your phone off for the short time you are at the gym something is wrong with that situation. the schools need to handle more things with the kids. that is what they are getting paid for.

smj1394
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:04 PM

I have 3 small children and the only exercise that works for me is workout dvd's at home.  I can do them with the kids around - they either play or watch a little tv while I exercise.  Good Luck!

EvaTheDiva29
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:30 PM

well my 7 yr old is at school all day, but my 2 yr old is always attached to my uterus, so thats why i got the y membership bc of the child watch, so she could play with other kids and get used to not being with me 24/7.

Quoting EiuGirl316:

I know it's tough. Is it th first time they've really been away from you? If you keep at it, iI'll get better, I promise. It just seems like its an adjustment for some kid if they've never been away from mom before. 

EvaTheDiva29
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:33 PM

hes spcial needs. i can't just turn my phone off. wish i could. if theyre calling me, its bc the last option is mental health arrest, but they call me first. depending on how bad he is, is if i go get him, or they take him in. 

Quoting childofGod995:

i would not give up on the gym, but i sure would have a talk with your son or else i would just shut my phone off. if you can not shut your phone off for the short time you are at the gym something is wrong with that situation. the schools need to handle more things with the kids. that is what they are getting paid for.

EvaTheDiva29
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:35 PM

hell yea! thats something i can do. i would love to know how. thanks years ago i did the slim fast shakes. so good. but so expensive.

Quoting noems24:

If you want to stay with in your calories your best way is to do what I do.

Since I am always on the go... I was always struggling trying to find time to make healthy choices. So I started to look into a couple of different shakes that I can use.

The best one for me by far has been the isagenix shakes. All natural organic ingredients. Every morning I wake up get ready get my kids ready by the time I am done preparing their lunch and their breakfast I have ran out of time for myself. All I do is put two scoops of either french vanilla isagenix shake or two scoops of the chocolate, or I mix them with 4oz of water and ice in the blender. Blend for no more than one minute poor and go. I have that on my way to school and to work. It only has 250 cals and I get super full till about 10AM I have an apple then at 1PM I have a healthy lunch about 600 cals then snack at 4pm then dinner another shake. Occasionally I spice them up by putting some fruits in them, They are delicious and nutritiousness. Trust me you will love this program its perfect for us moms....

Let me know if it will interest you I can give you the details.

Sewsofun
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:40 PM

I am a SAHM, I have one in school and one at home, during nap time or after bed I do a leslie sansone walk away the pounds dvd.  She is kind of annoying, but my goal is to get into the habit and build up my aerobic capacity so it's perfect for me.  I have an entire "collection" of DVD's at my disposal to move on to as soon as I'm ready.  Her DVD's are cheap and you can do them by basically walking in place.  Plus you don't need any additional equipment.  When I can get through the 30 minutes easily which I'm hoping will be soon, I will move onto a longer one or a different kind like one of my zumba DVD's which are longer and would challenge me in a different way.  So, maybe you should try something like that, whatever is closest to your fitness level.  I am 282.5 lbs down from 314 so I had to start small but that doesn't mean it doesn't give you a good cardio workout

childofGod995
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:16 PM

what is mental health arrest? i have never heard of that before.

3mom627
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:22 PM

If you joined the gym and have a membership, stick with it. Hopefully, things will settle down with your life.  There's always something going on when you are a mom.

3MOM627

have a nice day

EvaTheDiva29
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:26 PM

it is where the police come and they call an ambulance to come and strap you to a bed and take you off to the loony bin. 

hes been there 4 times this yr. friday was the most recent, and the bus garage still hasn't called me about it. i never wouldve known he was at the kid er if the cop hadn't shown up when he did bc i was in my car ready to go to the gym.

Quoting childofGod995:

what is mental health arrest? i have never heard of that before.

EvaTheDiva29
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:27 PM

ive tried the at home videos. i don't really like them. idk why. lol 

i joined the ymca bc they have all the other stuff for the kids also. 

Quoting Sewsofun:

I am a SAHM, I have one in school and one at home, during nap time or after bed I do a leslie sansone walk away the pounds dvd.  She is kind of annoying, but my goal is to get into the habit and build up my aerobic capacity so it's perfect for me.  I have an entire "collection" of DVD's at my disposal to move on to as soon as I'm ready.  Her DVD's are cheap and you can do them by basically walking in place.  Plus you don't need any additional equipment.  When I can get through the 30 minutes easily which I'm hoping will be soon, I will move onto a longer one or a different kind like one of my zumba DVD's which are longer and would challenge me in a different way.  So, maybe you should try something like that, whatever is closest to your fitness level.  I am 282.5 lbs down from 314 so I had to start small but that doesn't mean it doesn't give you a good cardio workout

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN