Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

im so sick of being fat, so i joined the ymca. free daycare while i work out every day, right? nope. why? bc everytime i want to do something, something else happens. 

how do you ladies find a routine and stick to it? especially with two kids. my 2 yr old goes with me, and goes into the child watch room. but it seems everytime i get there, get settled on a treadmill, my phone rings and i have to go pick up ds from school for some reason or another. 

im just fed up with everything. 

by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:09 AM
Replies (21-30):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Apr. 26, 2013 at 2:38 AM

Sometimes we have to make at-home workouts work if we want to make things happen.  I would rather be able to do gym workouts, hikes, trail runs, and triathlons every day, but that's not realistic.  Sometimes, I'll squeeze in a 12 minute run on a 30 minute lunch.  Sometimes, I do a 20 minute CrossFit-style workout in the yard.  You have to do what's realistic for your life.  Mine's hectic, so I have to get creative.  Some days, I can fit in those great workouts, but most days, no.  My best time is getting up at 4AM to get in a run, DVD, Tough Mudder Boot Camp, or Spartan WOD.

Try different videos.  Some suck.  Some don't.  I like Jillian Michaels workouts, and I finally have Insanity, but I still haven't started it, because an hour every day isn't realistic, and if I DO have an hour, I try to get in a run.

My son does parts of DVDs with me, to the level of his attention a 4 1/2, anyway.  He's been doing them with me for 3 years now!  He loves it, and he gets excited when he sees Jillian Michaels!

Don't allow excuses, mama!  Yes, there are challenges and barriers.  That's life.  How will you work around them?  Make it happen!  =)

Quoting EvaTheDiva29:

ive tried the at home videos. i don't really like them. idk why. lol 

i joined the ymca bc they have all the other stuff for the kids also. 

Quoting Sewsofun:

I am a SAHM, I have one in school and one at home, during nap time or after bed I do a leslie sansone walk away the pounds dvd.  She is kind of annoying, but my goal is to get into the habit and build up my aerobic capacity so it's perfect for me.  I have an entire "collection" of DVD's at my disposal to move on to as soon as I'm ready.  Her DVD's are cheap and you can do them by basically walking in place.  Plus you don't need any additional equipment.  When I can get through the 30 minutes easily which I'm hoping will be soon, I will move onto a longer one or a different kind like one of my zumba DVD's which are longer and would challenge me in a different way.  So, maybe you should try something like that, whatever is closest to your fitness level.  I am 282.5 lbs down from 314 so I had to start small but that doesn't mean it doesn't give you a good cardio workout

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

EvaTheDiva29
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:36 AM

ive been thinking about insanity. it looks fun! yea i get it. im going to the gym this morning. lol 

Quoting musicpisces:

Sometimes we have to make at-home workouts work if we want to make things happen.  I would rather be able to do gym workouts, hikes, trail runs, and triathlons every day, but that's not realistic.  Sometimes, I'll squeeze in a 12 minute run on a 30 minute lunch.  Sometimes, I do a 20 minute CrossFit-style workout in the yard.  You have to do what's realistic for your life.  Mine's hectic, so I have to get creative.  Some days, I can fit in those great workouts, but most days, no.  My best time is getting up at 4AM to get in a run, DVD, Tough Mudder Boot Camp, or Spartan WOD.

Try different videos.  Some suck.  Some don't.  I like Jillian Michaels workouts, and I finally have Insanity, but I still haven't started it, because an hour every day isn't realistic, and if I DO have an hour, I try to get in a run.

My son does parts of DVDs with me, to the level of his attention a 4 1/2, anyway.  He's been doing them with me for 3 years now!  He loves it, and he gets excited when he sees Jillian Michaels!

Don't allow excuses, mama!  Yes, there are challenges and barriers.  That's life.  How will you work around them?  Make it happen!  =)

Quoting EvaTheDiva29:

ive tried the at home videos. i don't really like them. idk why. lol 

i joined the ymca bc they have all the other stuff for the kids also. 

Quoting Sewsofun:

I am a SAHM, I have one in school and one at home, during nap time or after bed I do a leslie sansone walk away the pounds dvd.  She is kind of annoying, but my goal is to get into the habit and build up my aerobic capacity so it's perfect for me.  I have an entire "collection" of DVD's at my disposal to move on to as soon as I'm ready.  Her DVD's are cheap and you can do them by basically walking in place.  Plus you don't need any additional equipment.  When I can get through the 30 minutes easily which I'm hoping will be soon, I will move onto a longer one or a different kind like one of my zumba DVD's which are longer and would challenge me in a different way.  So, maybe you should try something like that, whatever is closest to your fitness level.  I am 282.5 lbs down from 314 so I had to start small but that doesn't mean it doesn't give you a good cardio workout

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:55 AM

I wish you the best mama!

Diane1223
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:58 AM

BUMP!

itsm3
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 1:33 PM

i wake up every morning at 5am to workout.  i also work full time and i figured that in order for me to workout daily, i have to do it first thing in the morning otherwise it will not get done ... and seriously, after a long, hectic day, the last thing i want to do is workout; i'd rather spend time with my family.

i also found that the easiest way to fit fitness into my life was to workout every day at the same time so that it became a habit.  when you know you have to workout at X time, then you can begin to plan your day around it.

N_maricle
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 2:36 PM

I go to the gym first thing every morning. Sometimes my son has meltdowns in the kids klub, so I completely understand the frustration of interruptions. I would say just try to make it a daily routine and stick with it:)

Sara_Nicole
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 2:43 PM
I workout at home during nap time. Turn off home phone and cell phone. No distractions. This is YOUR time. :)
noems24
by on May. 1, 2013 at 4:36 PM

I just send you a friend invite so I can explain in details.. or Call me 786-389-8581

Magalie_M
by on May. 1, 2013 at 5:19 PM
I bought a treadmill for hOme and work out while my DD sleeps
camelia40
by on May. 1, 2013 at 6:48 PM

I had a membership to the Y and I loved it! Does your son have an illness that requires him to be picked up so often? Just hang in there, you will get it down. I try to work out at home, but I preferred going somewhere. Don't have that access now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN