Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it possible to shrink your stomach?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:33 PM
  • 8 Replies

I am just curious? I am just wondering if that is a myth or a reality?  I am 5'4" and weigh around 154. I would like to get down to 140. I do zumba 3x/week and am 54 years old.  Thanks for the help in advance.

3MOM627

have a nice day

by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MomRocs1102
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:35 PM

ive been told you can as you limit you food intake, but personally i dont know.  have you lost weight with zumba?

Join Adorable Ladies Group, where women can have free uncensored conversations, and discussions minus the bashing and drama. 

www.cafemom.com/group/118542

CLEKate
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:54 PM

Are you talking about your waistline?  Or you actual stomach?

I am not sure if you are technically shrinking your stomach, but you can get used to less food---often people refer to this as shrinking the stomach.

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Apr. 26, 2013 at 2:21 AM

You do get used to less food.  I can't put away nearly what I used to.  But you have to teach yourself to eat until you're not hungry, not until you're stuffed.  You also have to slow down and be conscious of what you're eating and how much.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

itsm3
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:17 AM

absolutely.  i am also 5'4 and was around 150lbs +, a size 8/10 pants and now i'm 135lbs and a size 2 pants.

maddiemommy2009
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 9:23 AM
2 moms liked this
I think u can I believe in smaller meals 6 times a day and it all depends on what you eat . I am 5'7 was 220 lbs now I'm 151 lbs and I am taking taking forever to lose the last 15 lbs . My only problem is I can't get ride of my stomach well I can't seem to get it firm after my baby . And that not eating after 6 was a big help
3mom627
by Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:23 PM

Quoting MomRocs1102:

ive been told you can as you limit you food intake, but personally i dont know.  have you lost weight with zumba?

I lost weight at first with the zumba, but then I was doing Weight Watchers. I am now really tracking what I eat and I think it is helping. I googled the shrinking stomach and you really can't shrink it, after a large meal it does stretch, so limiting what we eat prevents it from stretcching of which I guess is a good thing.

3MOM627

have a nice day

MomRocs1102
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:43 PM

i just started zumba hope i can lose a lot with it.

Quoting 3mom627:

Quoting MomRocs1102:

I lost weight at first with the zumba, but then I was doing Weight Watchers. I am now really tracking what I eat and I think it is helping. I googled the shrinking stomach and you really can't shrink it, after a large meal it does stretch, so limiting what we eat prevents it from stretcching of which I guess is a good thing.

Join Adorable Ladies Group, where women can have free uncensored conversations, and discussions minus the bashing and drama. 

www.cafemom.com/group/118542

wrapandfirm
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:57 AM

U can use wraps to accelerate and get u over a plateau ;-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)