Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sleepy after workout

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:45 PM
  • 7 Replies
After i get done working out i get so tired. Its all i can do to make it to the bed and crash. Is that ok/ normal? I havent been working out very long in case that matters
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Monsita
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 1:05 PM

hugsI felt the same way my first month of working out....so, I did my exercises, took a fast rinse and I took a nap WHEN MY LITTLE ONE DID....   Now,  3 months later.....I am not feeling this way; in fact exercises are totally waking me up!!!

chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on Apr. 26, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Yes like pp said, it takes a while for your body to get used to it, but then you will feel more energy.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:35 PM

It will get better mama!

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Sometimes I'm still that way, and I'm 3 years into my journey (of course, I'm always sleep deprived, so that doesn't help matters!).  But yes, at first, that can be very common.  I actually love starting my days with my runs or a bike ride, though, because it totally energizes me, and sets a great tone for the day.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

BeAmour
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Make sure you eat a LITTLE something before you go. Nothing heavy or in large quantity so you're not going to throw up mid-workout.

Have something with complex carbohydrates, like an apple. Make your carbs count. They will give you the fuel you need to keep going during your workout. During your workout, your cells begin to produce more mitochondria biogenesis to give you more energy to keep going....

After your workout, eat a nice balance meal or balanced protein smoothie/shake. Make sure you have your protein and complex carbs and other nutrients. That will give you more energy after your workouts. After a workout your muscles are "wide open" to accept all the nutrients you want to give it, so give them that opportunity.

Make sure you stretch, too. Tight muscles will leave you feeling more tired after a workout, too. Find your target heart rate ranges and don't go over it because that will cause fatigue and headaches post-workout, too.

Everyone is usually a little worn from working out, no matter how long you've been doing it but it's all about what you give your body post workout. Give your body a test time, even 15 minutes to regain its strength, eat and go about your day. I TRY to take a nap after the gym if I can but I can never actually fall asleep. Before the gym, I could nap anytime. Your body is primed.

Always remember, you eat to live, you don't live to eat.
iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Are you eating enough calories? I ask because I used to get like that til I increased what I ate throughout the day.
EiuGirl316
by Leah on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:09 AM

I used to feel like that when I started out. Now I'm pretty pumped up after my workouts. It goes away (for the most part) but it may take a bit for it to happen. ☺

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)