Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I completely acknowledge that this is stupid.

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 2:10 PM
  • 18 Replies

Mobile Photo

But has anyone ever been worried that (if you have arOund 100 lbs to lose) that your face would look funny after you lost the weight? Like i don't think I'm drop dead gorgeousnow but I'm afraid that my face is going to look weird skinny lol. .. if you can't tell, I've never been thin. This is me and my brother. I'm going to lose the weight whether or not my face looks weird I'm just Wondering if this is something other people think about. . Haha
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 2:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rockinmomto2
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 2:14 PM

I'm not worried, more like excited. I've never gotten used to how fat my face looks now, so it'll be nice to see it be normal again. 

mandaboo99
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Looks like you have some pretty great cheekbones :) Dont worry about it, and its not stupid. I lost 70 lbs in a little less than a year, and yes my face changed but i still LOOK the SAME you know?? like im still me :)

Quoting youllneverknow:

Mobile Photo

But has anyone ever been worried that (if you have arOund 100 lbs to lose) that your face would look funny after you lost the weight? Like i don't think I'm drop dead gorgeousnow but I'm afraid that my face is going to look weird skinny lol. .. if you can't tell, I've never been thin. This is me and my brother. I'm going to lose the weight whether or not my face looks weird I'm just Wondering if this is something other people think about. . Haha

youllneverknow
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Can i be a creep and ask you to post pictures?

Quoting mandaboo99:

Looks like you have some pretty great cheekbones :) Dont worry about it, and its not stupid. I lost 70 lbs in a little less than a year, and yes my face changed but i still LOOK the SAME you know?? like im still me :)

Quoting youllneverknow:

Mobile Photo

Idntreallycare
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:11 PM

i think you'll look fine. just keep an eye on it and if you think your face is starting to get "weird skinny" then maybe you met your weightloss goal?

mandaboo99
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:12 PM

These are my before and afters :) mostly just lost my double chin and stuff

Quoting youllneverknow:

Can i be a creep and ask you to post pictures?

Quoting mandaboo99:

Quoting youllneverknow:

Mobile Photo

Silvertears1275
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 3:17 PM

You'll look a little different, but not weird.  And it's somewhat gradual so you'd get used to it as it happens.  My face has slimmed a bit (I've lost 35 lbs so far, probably 80 lbs to go) but I don't think I look weird =)

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 4:12 PM

It will be a gradual change so it won't ever be too weird! lol. I have kind of a thin face so sometimes I think my face is a bit "skinny" but I don't worry about it too much since the benefits are so awesome ;)

And it also depends on the angle. some pics make my face seem really skinny, others not.

1st 2 pics around 220-235 lbs and the other 2 around 130-135.

ACsLady
by Chrystal on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:41 PM

I wouldn't say I'm worried, but I am definitely curious. I have photos of when I was a teen and relatively thin. I wasn't fit or toned, but I was a good weight. So, I know what my face looked like skinny. Now that I'm in my early twenties, have had four children, and my face has aged/changed a bit, I'm wondering how different I'll look. I know my nose is kind of different from the pregnancies and my skin isn't as nice because of the stress of the past handful of years. I'm looking forward to finding out what the new me looks like though.

CLEKate
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:54 PM

I never really worried about how my face was going to lost post weight loss.

110 pounds down and overall I am happier with my face and neck.  The only problem is that I look older than I did---I guess the fat kept the wrinkles pushed out...now that the fat is gone, the wrinkles have appeared.

Lesgerm
by Leslie on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Here's my before and after :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)