Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Progress pics @ 98 lost

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 4:42 PM
  • 49 Replies
9 moms liked this

Hi ladies. First I know I'm not so active in the group anymore. I've been trying to keep up! And I hope everyone is doing awesome with their goals!

I went shopping yesterday so I really wanted to post progress pics! from about 2 years ago, about a year ago, to now. 

I've gotten to the point in my fitness journey or whatever you want to call it where I'm quite slender lol.  I never knew I was a small-framed person but it seems to be so.  Sometimes I get comments that I'm too skinny which is never something I expected to happen in my life lol!  But, rest assured, I'm not too skinny, my body fat is definitely in a healthy range and I feel great and strong.

It's kind of hard to decide what to do from here. I'm going for muscle definition and right now my BF% is around 23% to 24% so I'm trying to get it a bit lower to see if I can get some muscle definition. And if I could look good in a bikini that wouldn't hurt hahahha. I was on maintenance for about 3 months, then when back on a small deficit a couple of months ago.

I love exercising and I love tracking my food so this is more of just a fun hobby for me now lol.

I bought my  jeans a little tight as you can maybe tell lol.  But you know how they stretch out? I got 1 pair that fit perfectly in the store and now they're too big after wearing them today dang it! ;P  Well hopefully these too tight ones will fit soon.

Oh yea, and I'm 131 lbs now.  and 5' 3.75"

How I lost weight

-Track food on myfitnesspal every day. When I was obese, I tried for a weekly deficit of 3500-7000. When I was overweight, I aimed for a weekly deficit of about 2500-3500. Right now, my deficit is only about 1000 per week. I don't obsess over my calories and I'm over sometimes and under sometimes.  (I ate around 1700-1800 for most of my weight loss)

-I eat healthier than I used to but I also eat junk food almost every day. ;)  I make most of my meals from scratch but currently I'm obsessed with Clif granola bars lol! so that's one of my daily junkies ha

-Exercise 5-6 days per week. started with exercise bike, then workout DVDs, and then weights and elliptical-type cardio at the gym. Everything was at home for the first year or so.  But now I love barbells so I'm glad I'm able to go to the gym on my lunch breaks at work!!! :D

by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 4:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dmwood
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 4:45 PM

Amazing! 

manamott
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 4:45 PM

WOW!!!!! That's amazing!!!! Great job!

mich.el.le
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 4:48 PM

Wow! You look amazing! Great job!!!! :)

mich.el.le
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 4:48 PM

What's your height and current weight?

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm 5'3.75" and I'm 131 now. I'm going to add that to my post because I always wonder that on people's progress pics too :D

Quoting mich.el.le:

What's your height and current weight?

ambermario4ever
by Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow you look great. I wish I was slightly taller it makes a big difference in how someone looks. I'm 5'2 even and have lost 55 pounds. So I am now 130 but my belly still has way to much fat on it. And yours looks great. 

youllneverknow
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:05 PM
You look amazing! Would you be willing to post a bare belly shot of you now?
melner18
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:06 PM
You look great! Congrats on your weight loss - but more importantly congrats to a new, healthier you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Yea I know what you mean. I would feel the same way seeing 5'6 people at 145 ish when I was 145 ish.  Plus I wish I was taller so I could eat even more food lol

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Wow you look great. I wish I was slightly taller it makes a big difference in how someone looks. I'm 5'2 even and have lost 55 pounds. So I am now 130 but my belly still has way to much fat on it. And yours looks great. 

Allebas
by Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:10 PM

HOLY SMOKES!!! You look FREAKIN AMAZING!!!!!! I wish you lived close to me!!! I would SOOOO LOVE to have you help me get motivated to work out, eat right, help me grocery shop for the 'right' foods etc., etc!!!!!! :( 

I am currently 5'2 and weigh 130. I have the 'poochie' stomach from having 5 children!! The last 3 were c-section, so that REALLY messed up my belly BIG TIME!!! :( 

Anyway, CONGRATS and you look AWESOME!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN