Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Spring Exercise Challenge Day 11: Upper Body

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 7:26 AM
  • 57 Replies

Welcome to day 11 of the Spring Exercise Challenge!

Lengthen and lean your body with a good upper body workout.

A good upper body workout will effectively workout your arms, chest and back. You can use free weights and machines at the gym or you can workout at home and still get an effective upper body workout.

Begin by warming up with 5 to 10 minutes of light cardio to get your muscles ready to train. Doing an upper body workout 3x per week is recommended with a day rest in between workouts to give your muscles an opportunity to rest. During 'off' days, train the opposite muscle groups ie lower body workout.

Below is an upper body workout that can be done at home with just a mat and pair dumbbells.

Tip: Water bottles or canned goods can be substituted for dumb bells if you do not have any.

For today's challenge complete or schedule a day to complete an upper body workout.
How often do you work on your upper body?
Do you do targeting exercises or a full body upper workout?
What upper body exercise have you found to be the most effective?

treadmillOne member who signs up for our Spring Exercise Challenge and replies to all 14 of the daily activities will be chosen at random to WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Sign Up for the Spring Exercise Challenge!! WIN a $25 Gift Card and Bonus Prizes Too!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 7:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MargauxG
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 7:34 AM

This is the area I need to work on the most! It's part of my regular work out, but I dread it!

Beenhereforever
by Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 7:36 AM
I do need this!
kristynej
by Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 7:39 AM
I needed this, thanks!
JerzyGurl81
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 7:39 AM
I do pushups daily!
notabosley
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 7:40 AM
1 mom liked this
It varies, my abs and upper body are very weak, I'll do the video exercise around 2 today. I prefer to target specific muscle groups while exercising my upper body. Otherwise IDK, I tend to make it aerobic instead of toning exercises.
HappyLavender
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 7:41 AM
I really want better looking arms! I don't want these wings. I have become totally self conscious about them...I hope this might help
SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 7:42 AM

I do several on machines at the gym three days a week. bicepts curls work well for me. I'm going to do these later today.

sexydiva4279
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 7:58 AM
I love push ups. I do them every day. I also do weights and zumba toning.
GwenW
by Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I try to work out my upper body a few times a week. Sometimes i do a full upper body workout, but mostly i just do target areas. I like rows and tricep curls.

kgalvano
by Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:13 AM

im doing this in a couple minutes. this challenge reminds me to do it everyday. i have done pushups and yoga but not very often.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)