Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Slowly but surely...

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:26 AM
  • 7 Replies
So, I joined a few months ago, posted once, and then haven't been back. I got another email notification, like I do daily, about the most current posts and decided to get my butt over here again!

So, I have been trying to lose weight since last November when we got our family pictures taken and I saw that I needed to make a change.

I went to the Dr a few weeks ago, I had given up soda and had started getting more active and hasn't really seen a change on the scale. It was frustrating! My Dr told me to add an hour of exercise per day and to really eat more fruits and veggies...I started making sure I did something every day. 1 day I do a run/walk with a friend, 1 day I walk the track near my house with another friend. My husband has been very supportive and goes out with me as well. I love showing my daughter a more positive way to spend family time than always eating or watching TV. We got our bikes fixed yesterday so we are going to go I a family ride today. We bought veggies last night to start a garden at home.

Bottom line is, I don't want to diet. I want to do this, once and for all, the right way...even if it takes more time. I want to have another baby in the future and I want to be healthy when I get pregnant...and I really love getting out and exercising! It used to feel like a chore but now I find I am finding ways to get out...
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Monsita
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:36 PM

I have been trying to lose weight since December.....

I work out 5 days a week.

I am eating more healthy choices than I did before.

Since then, I have more energy and I feel happier, HOWEVER I have not lose weight YET! mowing the lawn

youllneverknow
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:52 PM
I feel the same way about my next pregnancy. I want to be healthy for it and not gain sixty pounds again like i did last time and i want to already be at my goal weight when i start trying
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:53 PM

If you want to get results, you'll have to make at least SOME changes to how you eat.  You can't out-exercise a poor diet.  Keep adding in the veggies, and make substitutions to work on eating leaner foods and getting rid of processed stuff.

You've got this, Steph!  How have things been going?

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

wahmx3
by Shelley on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:25 PM

I love your motivation and desire....just keep this in mind when you have a bad day or want to quit. It is definitely a lifestyle change and not a diet....make changes that will last and give you a healthier, fitter body.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 28, 2013 at 7:47 AM

Good advice!

Quoting musicpisces:

If you want to get results, you'll have to make at least SOME changes to how you eat.  You can't out-exercise a poor diet.  Keep adding in the veggies, and make substitutions to work on eating leaner foods and getting rid of processed stuff.

You've got this, Steph!  How have things been going?

mom_of_one_2010
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 7:53 AM

good luck, i walk everyday and i sont drink soda, eat junk and i cook from scratch alot. slowly but surly the wegiht came off. i did something the other day that made me cry tears of joy, i tired my wedding dress on and you know what after 4 years and 1 baby later it fits bettter than it did 4 years ago. the only issuse u had was the  hips area in the dress.

point is, honey no matter how small of a baby step you take your doing good and keep up the good work :)

CLEKate
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 9:38 AM

You lose weight in the kitchen and get fit in the gym.

Recent studies have shown this to be true.  Something like 80% of weight loss is diet related--not exercise.

So really, if you want to lose weight, you need to reduce your calories.

If you are ok with slow and steady results from minor changes to your diet, then great.  If you want to ramp it up and restrict more caloires to lose more weight, great.  Do what works for you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)